Monday, April 23, 2012

T is for Thanks

There are so many things we can be thankful for it would take forever to list them, but I want to share something special that I will never forget.

As most of you know I was not brought up in a Christian home. It was a good home, there was no drinking, or fighting, and there was a lot of love, but it was not a Christian home. I thank my parents every day for the love of others that they instilled in me, even though I was not really exposed to religious beliefs. My daughter was around 6 years old when I finally accepted Christ as my Personal Savior. But let’s go back a little farther than that.

After a few months of living in Arkansas I finally found an office job I was happy with. There were a couple of ladies that were around my age. One (A) like me had lived life in the fast lane; the other one (C) was a Christian. We made quite a threesome; we laughed a lot and enjoyed life. At times C would just shake her head and say what am I going to do with you two.

I remember one particular day, mind you this was about 32 years ago, but I still remember it like it was yesterday. The three of us were sitting in the break room enjoying our lunch discussing life in general. A and I were talking about parties and what we liked to drink. I remember A asking C what she liked to drink and she said tea, and A said no I mean what do you like when you are having a drink. And C said tea, and A replied you mean you don’t drink anything else. She answered No. A and I kinda laughed and I asked, Gosh C what rock did you crawl out from under? A and I were both laughing. Without blinking an eye or hesitating she answered “The biggest rock there is, Jesus Christ!” Wow, we stopped laughing immediately and just sat there speechless. I still remember feeling an aura for lack of a better word around her. It was like she was untouchable. From then on A and I acted different when we were around C. We didn’t treat her any different, we were all still good friends, but it was like we respected her more.

That particular day replayed in my mind a lot, but me being the stubborn rebel I was it was 8 years before I gave my life to the Lord. You know we never know how what we say affects people. C never knew till years later what an impact she had on me when I told her Thank-you. The three of us never enjoyed church together, but A and I sat in several services together. What a Blessing!

I thank the Lord every day for saving my soul and pulling me out of the sinful life I was in. I thank those who prayed for me for so many years. God is so good!

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."  1 John 1:9

until next time...nel

5 comments:

  1. So very true. You know I've been trying to track down someone I knew 20 years ago who also made an impact on me and I want to send her a note to say so. You'd think in this electronic age that would be easy but so far no luck. I'm gonna keep trying though!

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post--and so true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the story. It's a great reminder to be a witness whenever we can!

    It's also a good reminder to be thankful for our own story...all the things the Lord has done in our lives. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful story, great testimony; I'm sure C was praying for you all that time :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete