Tuesday, April 17, 2012

O is for Orange Crush Ice Cream and...

I was at kind of a loss for the letter O and then I remembered. I remembered what a dear friend used to make at the Ice Cream Socials at church. Orange Crush Ice cream. If you have never tried it, it is a must and talk about easy!

Orange Crush Ice cream
1 – 2ltr bottle of Orange Crush
2 – cans of sweetened evaporated milk

Mix together well and pour into your freezer. Freeze as usual. Talk about good! It is very good served with sugar wafer cookies, pound cake or by itself.

My partner in crime, one of my besties, my cousin Kathy used to make us a dish of Oreo Ice cream when she was house sitting before I remarried. And as much as I hate to admit it we would usually polish it off in a weekend amidst the laughter and ex-husband bashing.  She was divorced also.  We did enjoy our visits! 
This concoction is very tasty and easy to do. You probably have tried it before.

Oreo Ice Cream
1 – ½ gallon carton vanilla ice cream
1 pkg of Oreos

Remove the ice cream and place it in a large bowl. Let it get soft and easy to stir. Meanwhile place the Oreos in a zip lock bag and seal. Crush the Oreos. When the ice cream has softened pour the Oreos in and stir well. Now pour the mixture in a 9 x 13 glass dish. Place in the freezer and let it refreeze. At times it is hard to get out of the dish, but believe me it is worth the trouble. Good stuff!

I think I need to go get some vanilla ice cream and Oreos, see you later!

until next time…nel

1 comment:

  1. The Orange Crush ice cream sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Dana, via the A to Z Challenge
    www.dana-thedailydose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete