Tuesday, April 3, 2012

C is For Cain Alan and Maybe His Dad Clint...

What in life is better than grandkids? Let’s first talk about my son-in-law Clint. He and my daughter were childhood sweethearts. He was a typical teen boy, he did not get along with his momma, I think that has to do with them being so much alike, but don’t tell him I said that. Lol. We had rules when he lived with us and it was okay because he was scared to death of me. After he got out of school he moved out on his own and sewed his wild oats, causing the break up between him and my daughter. They both moved on, he married and had a son, Cain. Their marriage ended in divorce when Cain was about 2. My daughter had dated others but had never married. One night she asked me if I thought it was stupid of her to see Clint again, and I told her she was the only one that could answer that question, she had to follow her heart. Needless to say one date led to another and before long I had a new grandson, Cain Alan! I think I got the best end of the deal! Nothing like Grandkids!

Cain was three when he joined our family. He was a cute little guy, grabbed my heart right away. He is very soft hearted, and does not like scary movies. Even now some of the Disney movies he will not watch. He is growing by leaps and bounds. He is now as tall as I am and is only 10 years old. He wears a size 9 shoe. He is going to be a big boy.

He likes to play football; I think to please his dad. His dad always played growing up, but I really think Cain’s sport is going to be basketball. He just seems like he really gets it, and is a lot more involved. He loves the outdoors and is a big hunter and fisherman. He has killed his share of deer and has even gotten a turkey.

He has a little sister, my other grandchild, and he also has a little brother at his mom’s. He is a good big brother, oh yes they have their spats but no one else better mess with them.  He was having some problems in school with his grades, so now during the school year he stays with his dad during the week and with his mom every other weekend. He is doing a lot better in school. He is a smart boy if he can just learn how to apply himself. Here are a few pictures:









Love that boy!  They wanted to come to our house during sping break, but I had been sick, so I promised them they could come this summer for a couple of weeks.  But I think we will do one week at a time...   Sounds like a plan!

If you would like to join in on the A-Z Challenge just click on the button in my sidebar and you can  join in the fun!

until next time... nel

"Children obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.  Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged."  Colossians 3:20-21

4 comments:

  1. This was such a lovely post! I am just visiting from the a -z and really enjoyed reading all about your family! So romantic that they were childhood sweethearts and found their way to one another again! And you gave good advice when you told your daughter to follow her heart :)

    Great blog, I'm following!

    Nikki – inspire nordic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandchildren are the best! There doesn't need to be a blood link - only the link of love - and we grandparents know how to love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! Such a sweet post from a sweet Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a handsome young man! I'm from a yours, mine and ours family. My stepdad's parents accepted us 3 kiddos as their own along with the many other blood grandkids. I appreciate the love they gave us.

    ReplyDelete