1.. Share a winter memory from your childhood.Gosh... I was about 4 or 5 and we lived at the farm in Roselle, IL. I remember it snowed all night and the next morning, my brother Tom told me to go look out the front door at the snow. I ran to the door and opened it and there was nothing but snow. It had drifted on to the porch and totally covered the door. It scared me to death and of course my dear brother egged it on by telling me we were trapped alive. Dad mad him help him go out the back door and shovel around to the front and clean the drift off the porch. He was always doing things like that to me.
2. What was on your blog this time last year? (Besides the Hodgepodge of course!) If you weren't blogging, what in the world were you doing with all that free time?
I shared a song, and a post on Thankful Thursday's, and of course the Hodgepodge. Actually last January I did better posting that this January. It has been a busy month!
3. Ellen Goodman is quoted as saying, 'We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives...not looking for flaws, but for potential.'
Do you see more flaws or more potential in your life at the start of a new year? Have you done anything specific this month to address either one? Does the new year truly begin for you on January 1, or is there some other month of the year that feels like a fresh start and new beginning?
I really haven't thought about it. I am more in tune when Spring starts, then I start looking for changes that need to be made. Spring always reminds me of new beginnings!
4. Who's an athlete you admire or respect and why?
To tell you the truth there is no one. I am not a big sports fan...I know un-American. But it bothers me that athletes make so much money and so many people get so excited about them and look up to them, but the One Who did more for them than anyone else- a lot of people do not even acknowledge. Sad Situation! Thank you Jesus!
5. Do you like cream in your coffee? Whipped cream on your pumpkin pie? Cream cheese on a bagel? Sour cream on a baked potato? Cream of wheat for breakfast? Have you ever had a scone with clotted cream? Of all the creamy foods mentioned, which one sounds most appealing to you right this very minute?
I am not a coffee drinker, have to have whipped cream on the pumpkin pie, cream cheese on the bagel, sour cream on the baked potato, the rest not so much! An ice cream sundae with whipped cream, a little chocolate and a few nuts, yep that sounds good! I know that is not on the list but it is my answers...
6. Where were you last kept waiting for 'hours on end'? Or for what felt like hours on end? How well did you cope?
Gee, I can't remember. I am a pretty patient person so it takes a lot for me to feel like I have been waiting forever.
7. Believe it or not, when next week's Hodgepodge rolls around it will be February.Huh?!? Bid adieu here to January in seven words or less.
Farewell January, you were good to us!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
As you can tell from the last answer January was a fun month. We flew to Salt Lake City UT for a week. We had a fabulous time. Stan's granddaughter got married. And as an added bonus his great granddaughter was blessed at church. One of his daughters lives there and his other daughter Donna and her hubby flew in from Iowa. We had a wonderful time! It was so good to spend time with his family! Here are a few pictures.
|Stanley and his great granddaughter Hailey Renee.|
|Happy Dad and His two daughters & Hailey|
|The Happy Couple!|
|Hailey Renee in her beautiful dress|
|How can anyone not believe in God?|
Have a great week!
until next time...nel