1. Did you watch The Oscars? How many of the Best Picture nominees have you seen? (American Sniper, Birdman, Boyhood, Selma, The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Imitation Game, The Theory of Everything, and Whiplash)
Do you think actors should use their acceptance speeches as an opportunity to promote their political and/or social agenda? Does that sort of speech make you more or less inclined to change the channel?
I did not watch the Oscars and actually have not seen any of the movies, however American Sniper is on my list of want to's. I think acceptance speeches should be just that acceptance speeches. It seems no matter what you watch it is political anymore of some form or another.
2. Speaking of the movies... are you comfortable going to a movie alone? How about dinner in a restaurant (not fast food, but an actual restaurant)? The second half of this question was posed by Carrie who blogs over at It's Not Easy Being Queen. Thanks Carrie!
When I first read this question I thought yes I would be comfortable but the more I think about it I just don't know. Times have changed so much. If it was during the daytime yes I probably could but not after dark.
3. What's the last home repair or home improvement project you had to pay someone to complete? In hindsight was this a project you could have done yourself?
The last one we paid for was plumbing. A new kitchen faucet and a commode to be replaced. No it is good to have a plumber!
4. Have you ever had Indian food? Like it or no? If you're a fan, what's your favorite dish? Have you ever prepared this yourself at home? Is there an Indian restaurant in your current hometown?
I have never tried anything but I would like to try it. I did have Indian Fry Bread but I didn't figure that would count. lol. I have never fixed anything and I am not sure if we have any or not.
5. A song that reminds you of your parents?
The only thing that comes to mind is Precious Memories. And I do have a lot of precious memories!
6. The 26th of February is National Tell A Fairy Tale Day. What's your favorite, or one of your favorite, fairy tales? Do you have any childhood memories associated with a particular fairy tale?
Little Red Riding Hood was one of my favorites as a child. Really don't have any memories about it.
7. What's a problem you solved yesterday?
I noticed the birds were not staying at the feeders for very long at a time. I went out and checked them, the night before we had gotten freezing rain and there was ice in the openings. I cleared out all around and it is working fine again, in fact it is almost empty.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am not sure about all of you but I have not heard of a Tupperware party or consultant in forever. Well guess what my daughter is selling Tupperware now. With all of our technology of course you can now order online if you do not want to deal with having a party. Or you can do an online party or the in home parties. She has a website that you can order from and it can be shipped directly to you. They have a lot of their old stuff but also have a lot of new items. It had been years since I had seen a book. My mom was always the Tupperware Queen! I told Janice her grandma would be so proud! I do have to mention one item - their can opener. It is the best $25 I have ever spent. I hate can openers that will not work. I think they have change the ends on a lot of the cans and they just do not open good. But this opener lays on top, and cuts around the outer edge, then it has a little hook to lift it off. It works amazing! I am going to throw my electric one out...it was just a hit & miss anyways. lol. But I highly recommend the can opener. Her website is JaniceLusk.my.tupperware.com or you can can click here. Check it out there might be something you can't live without! lol
until next time...nel