1. Did you do anything 'memorable' this past weekend?
As a matter of fact we did. We were in Arkansas, on Saturday I had put together a family reunion on my dad's side. Descendants of Rhoda & John Elbert Beavers, which was my dad's parents. We had 42 in attendance and a fun time was had by all. Then on Monday we attended a Crawdad boil and Fish Fry at my daughters. Her and her hubby had a get together for his employees and their families. It was a lot of fun.
2. Ronald Reagan is quoted as saying-
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
Your thoughts? Do you somehow acknowledge and appreciate the freedoms you enjoy? Did your upbringing contribute to that sense of appreciation? If you're a parent, are there specific things you do to pass on this sense of responsibility and appreciation to your own children in regard to the freedoms they enjoy?
I think children learn by example. So yes there are things you pass on.
3. Loudest noise you've ever heard?
Thunder hit a tree outside our house one time when I was a kid and it was very loud, it shook the windows.
4. What was the last thing you ate that might be considered 'junk food'? Did you enjoy it?
I consider ice cream junk food and yes I thoroughly enjoyed it. On our way home today we stopped at Russell Stover's outlet store and had ice cream.
5. When was the last time you were somewhere the crowd felt 'packed in like sardines'?
Gee nothing comes to mind right now.
6. Are you organized when it comes to packing for a trip? Do you make a list weeks in advance or toss items in last minute? Are you a carry-on only sort of packer or do you need an entire suitcase for your shoes?
I am not really organized when it comes to packing, usually I pack the night before we leave. And I do not have enough shoes to even fill a suitcase.
7. What was the last sporting event you attended in person? Did your team win? Did you care?
We went and watched Eden's team play softball. Yes we won and of course I cared! It was a close game!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This month has been kinda crazy. I have been working on things for the family reunion most of the month. And we made two trips to Arkansas this month, the first time was for a long weekend. Then this last time was for 10 days. I don't think I even turned on my computer this last week.
until next time...nel