Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thankful - Day 6 and TSMSS - The McKameys

I am going to combine two posts today.  One of them is for the meme Then Sings My Soul Saturday over by Amy at Signs, Miracles, and Wonders  and the other one is the Giving Thanks Challenge over at South Breeze Farm.  If you would like to join us at either one just click on their blog name, and don't forget to link up so we can all enjoy your thoughts.

Today I am Thankful that we have gospel singing groups that are not afraid to share the story of Jesus Christ through song.  We had such a good time at The McKamey concert last night!  They were so good, I laughed, I sang and I wiped tears.  They are so real and so in love with the Lord!  As we left Peg was at the door hugging necks and speaking to everyone, you don't get much more country than that!  Just good people!

The two songs I picked out really touched my heart last night.  The first one is "Right On Time."  This one really spoke to my heart, He is always Right On Time.  I could not find a current clip of the song, but this is a good one, listen to the message Peg has.


This one is "The Shepherd's Point Of View."  This is a beautiful song.  How many times if we looked back only one set of footprints we would see.


Here are a few pictures I took at the concert.

If you like Southern Gospel and ever get a chance to see them I highly recommend it!

until next time... nel

3 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a good time! How cool was it that she took the time to stand by the door and hug everybody as you went out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this Nel. It's been a long time since I've seen them. It was so fun to hear them again. Thanks for the reminder that God is always "Right on Time." Good for me to hear right now as we are waiting on his answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a special time! I'm sure you will remember this concert for a long time! It is always comforting to remember that God is always right on time and his timing is always perfect!

    (love it, my word verification for this comment is "water", kind of like God is our everlasting spring!)

    have a great Sunday!

    betty

    ReplyDelete