It is time for Hodgepodge again! Jump over by Joyce and give her someone else to talk to. She has been under the weather but still got the Hodgepodge together. That is what I call dedication!
1. The popular saying, 'All is fair in love and war' is originally credited to English writer John Lyly. Is he right?
You know I can remember once upon a time when I really thought that was the right way to think, but not so much any more! That is not living according to God's teaching.
2. Are you a cereal eater? What's your favorite kind?
Not so much. If I had to pick a favorite probably Honey Nut Cheerios or Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds.
3. A five year old in Pennsylvania was recently given a ten day school suspension for talking with a friend about shooting one another with a Hello Kitty Bubble gun (the gun blows bubbles). She did not have the gun with her at school.
A psychological evaluation was also ordered and the incident was recorded on her permanent record. The suspension was later reduced to two days and her parents are suing to have the incident removed from her file. Your thoughts? (If you missed the story click here for details).
Unbelievable...I think they are getting a little crazy. I mean yeah I understand times are different now, but a bubble gun, and for it to stay on her record. And for all the humiliation that girl is going to have to go through. You know she will not be able to walk down the hallway without kids talking about it.
4. Whatever happened to___________________________?
Janet Snow? Janet was my best friend when I was in 1st grade. We went to school in Hoffman Estates, IL. I remember she had a double door closet in her bedroom and when you opened it, there was nothing but Barbies. What fun times we always had there. Nothing like memories!
|This is my class, I often wonder what happened to them.|
|This would be me.|
A check yesterday for my co-pay on a doctor's visit.
6. Speaking of John Hancock...ever been to Philadelphia? Do you have any desire to visit the city of Brotherly Love?No I have not been to Philadelphia and at this time it is not on my bucket list. :)
7. Share something funny you've heard a child say.Eden Jade who was five at the time, was waiting on her brother, standing there with her hand on her hip. She rolls her eyes and says "Cain you know I am not getting any younger here."
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Grandchildren are wonderful - Oh wait that is not random, that is a known fact!
I have been under the weather lately, a lot of colon issues. It has been off and on since the beginning of the month. I finally went to the doctor yesterday, decided it was not a stomach virus. He did blood work yesterday which came back fine - yeah! Today I had a CT Scan done, still waiting on results for it. My doc is thinking it is diverticulitis. If that is what it is he will put me on a round of antibiotics and guess I will be changing some eating habits. :(
-Wednesday Morning Note- The doctor called this morning, results of the CT showed no infection! So he thinks it is a severe case of IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). He is calling in a prescription this morning. Praise the Lord!
until next time...nel