Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Super Hodgepodge...


It is that fun time of the week, it seems like here lately this is the only post I am sharing.  It will get better! Sometimes life just gets in the way, but that is a good thing!  Here is my version this week.  Join in the fun!


1.  In the USA this coming Sunday millions will be watching as the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49's in the Superbowl.  What was the last event you attended that could be described as super?
Our church service last Sunday morning.  We may not be many in number but our preacher is so on fire, if you do not feel the Lord's presence perhaps you need a trip to the altar.  - just sayin'  

2.  Share something you're a fan of these days?
Gospel Music - I love Southern Gospel. I enjoy all types including Contemporary Christian.  I heard Jason Castro for the first time this last week.  I really like his style.  Here is a link to hear him. youtube - Jason Castro

3. How do you feel about wings?  In case anyone is confused, I'm talking the edible appetizer kind.  What's your preferred seasoning on a wing-hot, mild, teryiaki, sweet and sour, other?  Do you make your own or is there a favorite place you like to go for wings?   
I enjoy wings once in awhile, have not had them in ages.  I prefer hot, not the fire, or sweet and sour, teryiaki is pretty good too.  Oh who am I fooling, I like them all!

4.  As long as we're talking sports today...have you followed the Lance Armstrong story?  Did you watch his interview with Oprah and if so what was your reaction to his confession and subsequent remarks?  
I have not followed this story couldn't tell you anything about it.

5.  What's a question you hate to be asked? 
Hmmm besides How much do you weigh?  Perhaps,  Do you want to rent your house?  We have a small house in Arkansas where we stay when we visit, our home away from home.  There is always someone wanting to rent it.  

6. The coaches in this Sunday's big game happen to be real life brothers.  Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49er's and his older brother John Harbaugh coaches the Baltimore Ravens.  Were you and your sibling(s) competitive?  In what way? Are you still?  If you're an only child how did you handle competition growing up?  
There was such an age difference between my brothers and I there was no competition.  I would of won anyways I am the youngest and the only girl, yes I was spoiled. :)   No really, I have never been competitive, always tried to do my best and let it go at that.

7.  What's your favorite game involving a ball and when did you last play?    
I would say either bowling or pool.  Love both of them, not real good at either, but I try.  I would say it has been over a year ago on both accounts.

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 
Not much going on around here lately.  I have been doing some crocheting.  Have any of you seen the scrubbies made out of tulle or netting.  I have been crocheting those.  They are wonderful for cleaning pots and pans or dishes.  Some people even use them for cleaning bugs off their cars, or soap scum out of their showers.  They are wonderful!  Will be offering them for sale probably on facebook in the near future.

until next time...nel

9 comments:

  1. I enjoy bowling, too, but I'm terrible at it. My nickname amongst my friends is Miss Gutterball. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you crocheted the dish cloths? I used to knit them. Now I crochet baby blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Jason Castro song! One of my favorites. :) Those scrubbies sound cool. Seems like they wouldn't be very easy to make as the material you use has to be pretty scratchy on your hands. But perhaps not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah bowling is a good answer! I love bowling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to bowl a lot with my siblings and teaching my kids to play the game!! Oh, and pool.........wow, it's been ages. Now I wanna play a game.

    In my opinion, no one in their right minds would ask me my weight...they'd end up with a bloody nose. rofl [kidding]

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh! i didn't even think of pool! ha! i am awful at it though...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Southern Gospel Music too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to bowl and that was my answer also but I am not very good at it. Same with pool, I love to play both games but am no good at them. I hadn't heard Jason Castro before. I like lots of contemporary Christian music but southern gospel will always be my favorite. Its what I was raised on. I wish I could crochet. I have tried but just can't get it although oddly enough I dreamed of knitting last night for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crocheting is on my list of things to re-learn...haven't gotten to it yet, but the winter isn't over : )

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete