Join in the fun, hop over to Joyce's and grab the questions for this week. She always does a great job!
1. Lake Superior University has once again published a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen's English...here's the list for 2013-
fiscal cliff, kick the can down the road, double down, job creators/creation, passion/passionate, yolo (an acronym for you only live once), spoiler alert, bucket list, trending, superfood, boneless wings, and guru
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why. Go here to read more about how the words were chosen.
fiscal cliff - I am so tired of hearing about the fiscal cliff. It is a financial crisis people, and I don't see a lot that you are really doing about it. How about cutting some of those big salaries and retirement at the top!
It is really kinda sad, I don't remember. I have not been on a train, a real train since I was little bitty, and I do not remember a lot about it. I don't count the ones at zoos and parks.
3. Bagels-yay or nay? Favorite 'flavor'? Favorite topping?
I love bagels! Blueberry, Cinnamon Raisin, Plain, maybe with a little cream cheese on it. I love the honey flavored cream cheese...mmm good stuff!
4. 'Tis the season of awards shows...if you could star in a movie already made which one would you choose?
I am not picky as long as Sam Elliott or Richard Greer are in it!
5. The move towards single gender classrooms has been making the news in recent months....what say you? Do you think kids perform better if separated by gender and are taught differently or is that discrimination? If you're a parent, is this something you'd support in regard to your own children?
I can't see the benefit. And no I don't think I would support it. Kids need to learn together, life is not separated, we need to learn from each other.
6. What's your favorite thing about staying in a hotel?
It is just us! The privacy, you have to remember there are 3 living in our house.
7. Do you have a 'word' for 2013? What's the story behind your choice?
I have not picked out a word, I probably should have. If I did I think it would be "thankful." I think that in the fast paced world we live in we all tend to take things for granted, even though we do not mean to. I want to remember to be thankful for all things, but especially Jesus Christ, who gave us life eternal.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have been having problems with Anonymous comments that are selling things on my posts. Before they were all going to Spam but now some of them are being published, and I hate it! I am going to try the Comment Moderator, I am assuming I will have to approve all comments going that route. Does anyone know is that how it works? I hope this will solve my problem.
Hope all of you are enjoying the new year and staying warm!
until next time...nel