Sunday, January 13, 2013

In Your Book...

I ran across a poem this week that I had forgotten about.  It is a poem that I had written back in 2001.  This was after a time of turmoil in my life, a time where I know the Lord was carrying me or I would of never survived.  If we will only turn our lives over to Him, He alone knows exactly what we need.


In Your Book

Lord, you are my best friend,
When I am feeling blue
Your message always tends to send
An answer to help me through…

When I have a problem in life
To Your Word, I should always go
The Answers are there to my trouble and strife
If I look, I will find it so.

But at times I try to do it all alone
And leave You completely out.
Then I tend to complain and moan
And get upset without a doubt.

When finally I stop and take a good look
It always brings me to my knees
Every answer is in Your Book
As I beg Father forgive me Please!

-Nel Curtis  @2001


"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."  Psalm 46:1

until next time...nel


2 comments:

  1. I like it, Nel! And so true about God's book; its definitely something we need to spend more time in!

    betty

    ReplyDelete