It's that fun time of the week - Wednesday Hodgepodge. A great way to make new friends and learn more about each other. Join in the fun you know you want too!
1. What is ONE thing or area in your home or life you hope to report is completely organized when 2013 draws to a close? Do you have a plan to make it happen?
I would have to say my craft area and my bedroom and the rest of the garage. I have had all my craft supplies in my bedroom closet and some of them are still in Appleton. Yes, as a matter of fact I do have a plan, I have to acquire a few small tubs to separate things, move a few boxes out to the craft area and set up a few shelves then go through everything. This summer we will bring other boxes home with us when we return from Arkansas. We still have a few boxes in the garage to inventory and get pictures, then I need to put it all on the computer.
2. What's the worst uniform you've ever had to wear for a job?
Actually I have never had to wear a uniform at any of my jobs.
3. What was your last kitchen 'mishap'? This question comes to you courtesy of Bettywho blogs over at A Glimpse Into Midlife...everyone go say hi to Betty!
At Christmas we do sandwiches and finger foods. Sunday evening we went to the Christmas program for the kids, so I put the ham in a roasting bag in one of those convection ovens and it would of been perfect, but... I was in a hurry and forgot to put 1/2 cup of water in the bottom of the pan, so it was a little on the dry side. :( It was still tasty though! The left-over ham was really good in a pot of pinto beans a few days later; of course we had to include fried potatoes and cornbread.
4. How do you protect yourself from other people's negativity?Pray a lot! I always try to find the good in everything and everybody. Life is to short to be negative.
5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favor? Do you agree?
I think my dad, however a lot of people say I remind them of my Aunt Arvie which was my mom's sister. Everyone says she favors both of us, I think she favors her dad physically but she has more of my attitude and personality.
6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day...will you be celebrating?
No unfortunately, I only have a shower in our bathroom. The tub is in Patt's bathroom. I do love a bubble bath once in awhile, with music and candles.
7. Some of the 'world's best winter festivals' are - Mardi Gras (New Orleans), Quebec Winter Festival (Canada), Sundance Film Festival (Park City, Utah), Rio Carnivale (Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), Venice Carnival (Italy) and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China). Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?
Quebec Winter Festival - I have always wanted to go to Canada. The other places do not really interest me. New Orleans I love but not during Mardi Gras.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I usually do not cook here at Willard, Patt does the cooking but hold the phone, I did tonight. I made Cinnamon French Toast Bake. Talk about good! It was a hit with everyone, and it smells soooo good when it is cooking!
until next time... nel