I love me some Wednesday Hodgepodge! Join in and have a little fun with us. Joyce is a wonderful hostess. And you will meet some great people...Come on you know you want too!
I love turkey, my refrigerator usually has turkey lunch meat in it. White meat for me, my hubby prefers the dark, so all is good in our household. lol. I think my favorite is Turkey Salad, no particular recipe, I just go with it.
2. Gotta burn off all those carbs the day after a holiday feast so which would you rather do-run a 10K or climb a mountain?
I am so glad Joyce has a sense of humor, you are kidding right Joyce?
3. Do you feel like social networking has made your relationships better or worse? Explain.
There are a lot of people who hate Facebook. I for one love it, that is how I stay in tune with what is going on in my friends lives since I live in a different state. My daughter and I share pictures and funny stories. It can be bad, and yes there can be a lot of drama with other people, but you can adjust it where you don't even have to read their posts. Or if someone is using a lot of profanity, Ignore them, you can adjust it where you only get their important posts, or just delete them. It really can be a good thing, like anything in life it is what we want out of it.
4. How do you find and express gratitude for the hard things in your life?
I have always believed that everything happens for a reason. You just have to pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and keep on keeping on. It is hard at times, but I always try to find something good in everything. God knows what He is doing! The trials and hard things in our lives make us stronger. I would not be the person I am without those times.
5. In the US, the day after Thanksgiving has been dubbed 'Black Friday'. Is most of your holiday shopping done live and in person, or is it done more through the magic of the Internet? How do you feel about stores opening at midnight Thanksgiving night? Will you be out amongst the masses on Friday?
My shopping is about half and half, I also make part of mine. I am not a Black Friday person, nothing is worth fighting the crowds. I know some live for Black Friday, different strokes for different folks. I do sometimes catch deals on the internet. The opening on Thanksgiving, I can understand, look how many people are just waiting to get in. With this economy the stores have to do anything and everything to stay grounded.
6. Speaking of the color black-which black item in your wardrobe would you say is your favorite?
Actually, I do not have anything black, not by choice. That however is going to change due to the fact that my Psoriasis is finally getting under control. I am so excited. You can read about that here.
7. What do you appreciate about your life today?
I appreciate the love and security I feel from my husband. I do not worry about tomorrow because today is perfect. I appreciate the time we spend together discussing scripture and enjoying our church family together. God is Good!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We are in Arkansas for Thanksgiving. Nothing like spending holidays with families and friends. There will probably be 15 and 2 little ones at my daughter's house for dinner. I will be making the turkey and she will be helping with side dishes and desserts. Life is good!
You know I cannot pass up a chance to mention my grand kids. They are growing so fast. Cain is now about 2 inches taller than me and Eden Jade is getting taller also. She read me a book last night instead of me reading to her. Amazing... Here are a couple of pictures I could not resist sharing.
|He is making a good basketball player!|
|Can you tell she is a mess?|