Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Real Hodgepodge...


It is that fun time of the week when we get to answer all kinds of random questions.  Joyce at From This Side Of The Pond does such a good job hosting this meme.  If you would like to join us just click on her button above and you can get the questions and then link up so we can enjoy your answers too.  Of course you want to read mine before you do all that, right? Sure you do! 
So here we go:

1.  What is something that bothers you if it is not done perfectly?

You know to tell you the truth I never have considered myself much of a perfectionist but when I started thinking about this question I guess I am to a certain point.  I couldn't tell you how many seams I have ripped out when sewing only because I could see the mistake, no one else would of probably even noticed, but I knew it was there.  Then there is crocheting, I have been known to rip out a lot of rows just because I do not like the way it looks.  The other situation that crosses my mind is balancing the checkbook.  I have spent quite a while just looking for a few pennies.  It has to balance to the penny before I stop looking.  Usually I am jumping for joy because it balances the first try, but sometimes...   So I guess that is my main three things, and maybe I do lean towards the perfectionist side.  hmmm who would of thunk it?

2.  What is one of your best childhood memories?

I think our family camping trips.  I was probably around 8 or 9 when we started camping.  My mom's two sisters and their families would also camp.  We would set our campers up in a big circle and have a big campfire in the middle.  Most of the time there were 5 or 6 campers.  Usually each family would do their own cooking but sometimes we would put it all together and have a potluck.  We would roast marshmallows at night and sometimes hot dogs on the fire.  We also made pies.  The sisters all had pie irons, that you used buttered bread with a spoonful of pie filling and when you shut them you cut the crust off.  You then would brown them on the fire.  Oh were they good, we would sometimes do pizza filling, those were also delicious. There were several different campgrounds around the state that we enjoyed.  Such good memories...

3.  Do you plan to watch the Royal Wedding and when was the last time you wore a hat?

No, the Royal Wedding really does not interest me, to much glitter and glitz. It was probably in the 70's when I stood up in my best friend's wedding.  We wore big floppy hats with a train of tuille and flowers. 

Of course I remember when I was little we always made a trip to Arkansas in May for decoration where grandparents were buried.  I always got a new dress for that occasion and usually always had a hat.


4.  Where do you fall in the birth order in your family? Do you think this has influenced your personality?

I am the youngest of three and the only girl.  Now why on earth would I think that had an influence on my personality?

5.  Where do you think you spend most of your money?

Probably at Sam's Club.  We go once a month and stock up on our groceries and staples.  We also have started buying our meat there, and have not been disappointed so far.

6.  When you need to confront someone would you rather communicate in person, on the phone, by email or by letter?  Why?

In person, you can tell a lot by peoples eyes and their actions!

7.  Dodge ball, freeze tag, kickball, or jump rope?  You have to pick one.

Gosh we played them all, all the time. Probably jump rope. We used to play jump rope on the playground and under the street lamp at night.  Double Dutch was the most fun! 
"I like coffee, I like tea,
I like (name inserted) to jump with me.
It was fun to see how many could jump at the same time.

8.  Random Thought.

I am so tired of rain, I am sure everyone else is too.  Arkansas has been hit pretty hard with thunderstorms and tornadoes.  I talked to my daughter tonight, they were all okay, even though there were a few scary moments.  Praise The Lord they are safe.  The sun will shine again!

until next time... nel

6 comments:

  1. Glad everyone is safe and sound!

    I like to think my own girls will include camping trips in some of their happiest childhood memories. I love to camp.

    I didn't think I was a perfectionist either : ) I guess there's a little bit of that in most of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute picture of you in your hat. I loved double dutch too. Those little pie iron things sound really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great, Nel! I really like the picture of you wearing your hat...so cute!

    I'm glad you're all okay...we've certainly had a lot of bad weather this spring!

    Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with #6! So glad everyone is safe! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photo is precious. What a cutie! We camped with our children and I hope they have the same good memories you do.Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think when it comes to sewing and knitting I would want it to be perfect too. Camping sounds like a great memory. Being the baby is one thing, being the only girl is another, both very significant.

    ReplyDelete