Friday, April 22, 2011

Can You Imagine...

It is time for Flashback Friday, if you would like to join in click on the button above and get the complete prompt from Linda.  Its that wonderful time of Easter and our prompt this week concerns the real reason we celebrate Easter.

I have often sat and read the story in my Bible and pondered over everything.  Can you imagine how Mary actually felt when she went to the tomb and he was no longer there.  Wow, usually I end up wiping tears when I really start thinking about what Jesus really did for us.  I want to share something that took place back when I was Youth Leader while my daughter was a teenager.  I am not sure how many of you have ever heard of "The Great Passion Play" at Eureka Springs, AR., you can click here for more information.  I have watched the play numerous times and each time see something I had not seen before.  If you are ever in Arkansas I highly recommend stopping in here, you will not be sorry. 

Okay, back to my story, one of our visits to the area I made arrangements with the directors for my teen youth group to be extras in the play, if they wanted to participate.  We divided them and participated on a Thursday and Friday night. My daughter was one of the participants, all of them played villagers.  There were mentors for every 2 kids.  My daughter and a friend actually were able not only be part of the crowd, but they were able to wave the palms when Jesus came into town on the donkey.  She said "It was strange mom you know it is a play, but it is so real, you feel like it is really happening, that you are really there."  And later when Jesus is tied to the post and they are beating Him, she said she wanted to yell, "Stop, stop."  She said she actually teared up.  There were several different scenes they were in and it definitely had an impact on those kids.  So I can't help but get emotional when I am studying His word and thinking about all He went through just so we can have a home in Heaven!  What an awesome God!




I Hope All Of You Have A Wonderful Blessed Easter!

until next time... nel

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your story. Have a wonderful and blessed Easter, Nel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the one in Arizona, but I have seen a Passion Play. Awesome! I can't believe He did all that for us, but I'm so thankful He did!

    Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard about the Arkansas Passion Play for years but never seen it. I was in a choir that did several musical dramatizations though and they were quite impactful. Blessings to you this Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nel ~~ You had a wonderful post. Children can be so good at the role playing because they put themselves into the situation in such an innocent manner.

    We have visited the Eureka Springs Passion Play. For sure it was worthwhile to attend. We also visited the Passion Play in Oberammergau, Germany, in 2010. Most always they only perform every ten years.
    If I had to choose between the two of them I would recommend Arkansas for the message and Oberammergau for the European experience. It lasts a whole day which is quite long. We stayed at a B&B in Bavaria for the latter, that was a neat experience too.

    You song is one of my favorites (I have a lot). Thank you too for reminding us of how Mary felt. Linda also did an excellent job expressing how as a mother this story affects her.

    HAPPY EASTER, NEL! PRAISE THE LORD!
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound like a very sensitive person, Nel, and so does your daughter.
    The video is beautiful, both visually and musically!

    Have a Happy, Blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the town where we used to live the college did a play each week. I took our son one year, it really got to him and he didn't want to watch. I can't imagine how those people felt who were there, even once it was all over what must they have thought?

    Blessings to you,
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete