Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hopping up to Hodgepodge...

Yes, it is Wednesday Hodgepodge day.  I am running late but what else is new?  If you would like to be later than me just click on the button above and hop over to Joyce's at "From This Side Of the Pond" and get the questions for this week!  It's a lot of fun and I won't tell anyone you are later than me...

Here goes:

1.  What are your plans for Easter Day/weekend?

We do not have any big plans.  Church of course, then we will have an early supper before evening services.  We will have ham and the trimmings.  I miss being around kids, and egg hunts.  I told my hubby, I am going to have to work in an Arkansas trip over Easter next year.  I need to help those kiddos with egg hunting, and I need to make Easter dinner for them, along with worshipping at this special time of year.  We do mail my grandkids care packages with goodies.  This year as an added bonus I sent them each an album with Spring Break pictures in them.  I am sure they will enjoy them.

2.  Besides Jesus, what one person from The Bible would you most like to meet any why?

It is hard to pick just one, but I have always admired Noah.  Even though it had not rained Noah obeyed God and did as He said.  Noah did not listen to those around him his focus was on God.  We could learn a lot from Noah.
In Matthew 9:20-22 it talks about the woman who was diseased and came behind Jesus in the crowd and just wanted to touch His garment cause she knew she would be made whole.  And Jesus turned and told her her faith made her whole.  What an example to live by. 

3.  What is one modern day convenience you didn't have as a child that was easy to live without?

Only one?  Microwaves and microwave popcorn.  We love our popcorn in my house and it is so easy to throw a bag in the microwave.  Instead of going this route:

I can remember all three of these poppers and then she got one of the air ones that just never tasted right.  When you put butter on your popcorn they would shrivel up.  So see popcorn has been a constant companion in my life - lolol.


4.  Are you more right brained or left brained?

I clicked on the quiz and my results were 50% left and 51% right.  I have always told my husband that we use both sides of our brain.  I messed around and did not write all the details about it. 

5.  What is something you intended to do today but didn't?  Why?

I planned on writing reviews on 2 books I have read but did not get it done yet.  No excuse, just did not do it.

6.  Cadbury Creme Eggs or Reeses peanut butter?

Reeses hands down.  I don't care for the creamy stuff.

7.  Who was your favorite cartoon character when you were a child?

The roadrunner was my favorite, even now the roadrunner rules!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I decided to share some pictures that we took when the kids were here.  We had such a good time.  It does my heart good, they love the library!   We went to a park here in Springfield that has animals for them to pet, a big playground and catch and release fishing and it is free, can't get much better than that.  We also went to the zoo and ended the week by going to see Yogi Bear, which was the first time that Eden had been to a theater.  They played with bubbles outside and drew masterpieces on our driveway with sidewalk chalk, all in all a very good week!

Cain is growing up on us, with those dimples he will be a heartbreaker.

Taken at the zoo.
Cain fighting alligators.
She is not afraid of anything.

She was having a ball.  There were two other boys playing with them and she was it.  I can just hear her yelling "I'm fixin to get you all boys!  Here I come.  You better run!"  She is not mouthy at all...lol.

I had to add this one, she was sitting there real still telling
her bubba, "You have to be patient bub, just sit still and wait."
This is just a few of the pictures, but I thought I would share them, nothing like making memories!
until next time... nel

5 comments:

  1. Love your pictures. They are so cute. Noah would be interesting to talk to. Yay for Reese's!

    Have a happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't it have been wonderful to be on the Ark??? I would want to know that it ended well - otherwise I'm sure it was a little scary. But seeing it all happen would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I chose Noah too! Such great faith. I think you are the only other one I read who wanted to meet Noah. Looks like you had great fun with the kiddos. Have a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you stopped over today. I didn't get much blogging done today so I'm late in stopping over.
    Skye is better and I just did a post about what happened.
    Your Easter sounds like it will be very nice. I didn't say anyone from the Bible but I almost said Noah. I just wonder what that whole ordeal was like for him. Always Reese's for me. I don't like a runny filling. The pictures are perfect. You are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better late than never is what I say! Cute pictures...I love the fishing especially. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete