Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hodgepodging Again...

Hopefully photobucket will get their kinks worked out and Joyce's fantastic button for Hodgepodge will appear.  If clicking on the square does not transport you to Joyce's corner click here.  While at "From This Side Of The Pond" you can get this weeks questions and be sure to link back up so we can all enjoy your answers.

Are you ready for this week?  Well, here they are:

1.  Would you rather talk to everyone at a crowded party for a short time or have a significant conversation with two people?

It depends, if my bestest friends are there then we would probably be drawn to each other.  If not, then I would try to talk to everyone for a short time.  Oh who am I kidding?  I have never met a stranger and I have never been known to talk for a short time.  Is this a trick question Joyce?

2.  What objects do you remember from your parent's living room?

It seemed we always had a sleeper sofa, ugly and uncomfortable...lol.  My parents had purchased a set of encyclopedias when I was young.  They were really nice ones and there was a really nice glass doored shelf that they were in.  No telling what they paid for them, they bought them from the door to door salesman.  The sad thing about it, we never used them very much.  When I would get them out at times to work on a school report, Mom was harping about being careful with them, I hated to use them.  I would usually use the ones at school.  We did not have a lot in our living room, couch, dad's chair, and another chair, tv, end tables, and a coffee table.  And usually the shelves that had all of mom's knick knacks. 

3.  Do you hog the bed?  Steal the covers? Snore?

No, No, Yes in that order.  We have a constant discussion about who is sleeping in the middle of the bed.  Let's just say it is not me.   When morning rolls around the covers are usually touching the floor on the other side of the bed, does that tell you anything?  Now snoring... I can hold my own.  He snores too, but not as loud as myself.  I have woke myself up at times... just saying!

4.  Speaking of Easter dinner...what is your favorite way to cook/eat lamb?  Or does just the thought of that make you squeamish?  If you're not cooking lamb what will be your entree du jour on Easter Sunday?

Ok, let's get the lamb part of this question out of the way, No, Notta, No Way...Can't do it!   My kids raise lambs, I have taken to many pictures.

So we do ham, actually we have always done ham on Easter.  I always made a big dinner when my kid was at home of if we happen to be in Arkansas, we always did as I was growing up also.  Not so much, anymore...   Actually for years the church we attended would have a big Easter Potluck and we would hide eggs for all the kids right after morning services and they would dismiss the evening services.  A lot of good memories during that time.

5.  Do you know the whereabouts of your birth certificate and when was the last time you had to produce it to prove you're you?

Yes I do know where it is, I could put my hands on it in just a matter of minutes.  The last time I used it I believe was after I remarried and switching something to my married name. 

6.  As a child, how did people describe you?

Very quiet, well behaved, reserved, shy, cute, pretty long hair.  I left all that behind...lolol.

7.  What do you complain about the most?

I had to go ask Stan about this one, cause sometimes we complain and do not even realize it.  He said I do not complain alot but sometimes I do mention being tired at times, and I think that would be better if we kept normal hours. lolol.   If I asked my daughter, she would probably say living arrangements.  It is hard not seeing my daughter and my grandkids as often as I would like.  Also, it is hard at times having two women in the same house.  Just saying...

8.  Insert your own random thought here?

Patt cut a boquet of Lilacs for me and brought them in and placed them on my desk, which was sweet.  So I have been enjoying their fragrance this week and remembering my dad.  Lilacs was his favorite flower and I know I have mentioned this before.  When I lived in Northlake, IL we had a row of tall lilac bushes running down the middle of our side yard, we had a corner lot.  Dad would come home from working hard on construction and I would always meet him at the picnic table.  We would sit there and enjoy the lilacs for a few minutes sometimes longer.  He would ask me about my day, and tell me about his.  Good memories...

until next time...nel

5 comments:

  1. Lilacs, I so love them. I need to plant a couple of bushes so that I can enjoy them when we repatriate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photobucket has made me crazy the past couple of days. And then I set the post to autopost PM instead of AM...just one of those days I guess.

    I love lilacs...we had two lilac 'trees' in our garden in England and the smell was divine. I'd like to plant one here...do they attract deer do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must live somewhere warm if you already have lilacs! My husband usually cuts some from our bush when it blooms and brings them into my home office. Love the smell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a set of Funk and Wagnells encyclopedias in my house. I was so grateful for them. Those were the days before computers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your back. Loved reading your answers. I have been in California for 20'something years now and I miss the Lilacs from Illinois!!!
    Lucky girl you are.

    ReplyDelete