It is Random Dozen Time! That fun time every week when we learn something else about our blogging buddies. Join us for these fun questions! You can find them over by Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee. It is a great way to meet new friends and connect with old ones. Join in the fun!
1. Is there a word which you initially mispronounced? Were the circumstances in which you made the faux pas embarrassing?
I have several that I have a problem pronouncing, however I am going to share one that my husband and I go round and round about. The word "creek". I pronounce it with 2 long e's, he pronounces in like crick with a short i. I always ask him if he learned his English rules in school. "Two vowels together make a long vowel sound." The way he pronounces it is like I have a crick in my neck. lolol We have agreed to disagree on this, but he is wrong, shhhh - don't tell him.
2. How do you feel about the use of texting shortcuts and trends? (ex: "I've got ur notes. Get them 2 u 2morow.")
I have no problem with it if that is what you want to do. I do not text at all, but I do use the shortcuts sometimes in pogo.
3. Tell me about your high school senior picture. Please feel free to post.
The first is one of my senior pictures. They were taken at school, of course they were in color, my sweater was light blue. The one in the dress was before graduation, I made that dress. And then with the graduation cap and gown. I wish you could of seen the shoes I was wearing. Does anyone remember the platform shoes. They were white babydolls 3 inches high. Sometimes you have to get height however you can. lolol And in 1975 that was in style. What was I thinking?
5. Share a high school or college homecoming memory.
I never attended high school homecoming, so I really have no memories to share. I was deprived I know...
As far as college, I went back to school part time at night and worked during the day after my divorce, so no homecoming festivities at 44 years old.
6. Linda at Mocha with Linda wants to know: "Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?"
I enjoy both, love to photograph both, but rarely do I see a sunrise. So I guess I will have to say sunsets! It amazes me how no two look alike! What an artist God is!
7. Lea at Cici's Corner asks, "What is something you have not done that you desire to do?"
I would love to take a road trip starting up in Washington state and go along the West coast down through California. Of course I would have to take my camera. Also would like to drive Route 66 from beginning to end.
8. Carol at Wanderings of an Elusive Mind ponders, "If you could come back [in another life] as an animal, which would it be?"
First of all, I do not believe in reincarnation, but I will play along. Probably a cat, an inside cat. Just lay back and take life easy!
9. Joyce from The Other Side of the Pond is curious: "Where were you 10 years ago?" Please feel free to elaborate more than just your physical location.
Let's see 10 years ago, wow that would be 2000! My daughter graduated from high school so I was in Arkansas. After 18 years of marriage my life had been turned upside down. The rug pulled out from under me. I was faced with the necessity of going back to work full time, so I worked 3rd shift at a little quick stop 5 miles from our house. It actually worked out good because I could not sleep at night anyway. But I believe everything happens for a reason. Happier now than I have ever been!
10. When you are proven to be correct in any contentious discussion, do you gloat?
I try not too, unless it is with my husband, then don't we all. lol
11. What is your favorite food which includes the ingredient "caramel?"
I love Turtles! One of my favorite candies! I know you didn't say candy, but that is all I could think of.
12. From my 17 year-old daughter to you: "If you could be part of any fictional family, which family would you choose and why?"
I would love to be part of the Baxter Family in Karen Kingsbury's books that she writes. She has done several series with them as characters. Love her books! The Baxter Family is such a God loving family which enjoys each other and is there for each other when they go through their triumphs and trials! If you like to read and have never read any of her books check her out! You won't be sorry.
Whoaaa and we come to a close again this week. Wasn't that fun! Don't forget to join us and link up so we can all enjoy your answers. Oh and by the way it wasn't me who missed #4... just saying! lol
I have to get back to sewing, don't want a disappointed little girl.
until next time... nel