Monday, October 27, 2008

Life Is Good

Wow… It’s hard to believe it is already Monday. Where did this week go? We had a quiet week here in Willard. Life is so easy. I can do what I want, when I want, and if I want. I am married to the sweetest most easygoing man I know. At times, I pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming. This week was a slow week; we did not do a lot, just worked on genealogy, and played games against each other on pogo.com.

A lot of friends have told me I have it made. Stan’s niece, Patt lives with us. She has some health issues and moved in with him and his previous wife about eight years ago. She helped take care of his wife in her last days.

Anyways, Patt loves to do housework, yard work and loves to cook. So basically all I have to do is keep our bedroom and office clean and our clothes washed. I enjoy our trips to Arkansas, because I cook there, and I do love to cook. So, life is really good.

Saturday, we did take a drive to a little town northwest of us. Working on genealogy, I ran across a site, quite by accident. I had put my mom’s name in the search engine and a memorial on findagrave.com came up. It surprised me, but I was very touched and honored to see it there. It is a free site, where cemeteries are listed, and information is posted. There is even a place where you can leave flowers and notes if you wish. Anyway, we both joined the site, and now we enter different memorials and take volunteer pictures for people. That is what we were doing yesterday. We went to two different cemeteries in our area, taking pictures for people. Then we upload them on the site, in the appropriate place. This is a wonderful tool for people researching dates for genealogy.

It was such a beautiful day yesterday. I also managed to take a roll of pictures on my 35mm of the trees and beautiful leaves. Hmmmm…I guess you know who checked most of the headstones yesterday.

Life is good! What a difference a few years can make.

"Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." Psalm 27:14

1 comment:

  1. I need to go check out that sight. It's beautiful weather here, too. I'm about to have to get out in it and take all my kids to the dentist... which may put a damper on things!!

    ReplyDelete