Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fall Is Here...

I love this time of year, the leaves are turning beautiful colors, and there is a little chill in the air. You can see pumpkins and scarecrows on every corner. Soon the leaves will need raking, and in the country you can smell people burning them.
It makes me reflect back …I think you tend to do that more as you get older. As a kid we always camped on weekends, when we lived in Illinois. There were about 4 or 5 families that would go together, two of mom’s sisters and their families.
This was perfect weather for the big campfires at night. Roasted hotdogs, marshmallows, pies made with the irons, and ‘Smores, hot chocolate…mmmm, you can’t get much better than that. We would sit around the campfire listening to our parents telling crazy stories, laughing and enjoying life. Those were good times.
It didn’t matter that mom and dad had worked all week. They packed the camper Friday night, and then we would drive 2 hours early Saturday morning, only to come back home on Sunday evening. And they never complained about being tired.
I hope when my daughter reflects back over her life, she can remember lots of good times. But most of all when my Lord looks back over my life, I hope He is pleased with what He sees.
“…he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.” Psalm 96:13b

1 comment:

  1. We love fall in this house, too. My absolute favorite season...

    ReplyDelete