Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Road Trip

I have just spent all evening scanning and posting pictures to my Webshots account from our trip to Washington DC. These are accessible to you here, by clicking on the "Photos I Have Taken" link on the right side.
We were in DC for 4 days, however we took two days to drive up and 2 coming home. We had a wonderful time. DC was a place I always wanted to visit. Stan used to work in DC years ago, but it was my first time, and I might add probably my last. What is the saying been there, done that, not doing it again...
It is a very interesting city, a very busy city. There is a lot of history there and the architecture...wow! I tried to catch some of this in the pictures. A friend, Leslie gave me a personal tour of "The National Archives Building." A very interesting place, especially since I am into genealogy. Lots of information available.
We hit most of the Memorials and Monuments. There were two that really touched my heart. One was the "Tomb of the Unknown Soldier," in Arlington Cemetery. We were there at the Changing of the Guard. It was awesome, there were probably 100 people watching, but yet you could of heard a pin drop. And the Viet Nam Memorial...soooo many names. My brother was in Nam, Thank God he made it home.
I was surprised at the amount of trees and flowers around town, and how clean it was. Traffic was horrible, we used the subway most of the time, along with everyone else. I remembered real quick why I left the big city of Chicago.
All those busy people, I couldn't help but wonder if I would ever see them again...Heaven maybe?
"Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few..." Luke 10:2

No comments:

Post a Comment