Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge...


1. Labor Day weekend (in the US of A) is approaching...what's something you've labored over this year? 
I would have to say getting my craft area organized and arranged like I want it.  But it  was a good labor!

2. What is one word to describe your 'job' or career?
Blessed, or Heavenly,   Retired (not old enough but I no longer work)


3. What was your worst or least favorite job ever? Why?
When I first moved to Arkansas back in 1979, I worked a couple weeks at Levis.  I hated it and I love to sew.  But it reminded me of a sweat shop...I guess I was just spoiled to an office job.  My job was sewing on belt loops.  And of course being new kid on the block, I had most of the larger sizes, more belt loops.  You were paid and advanced by how many you sewed, needless to say I was very excited when I received a call for a job in an office, even though it was at the Chicken Plant.


4. How do you measure contentment?
My life right now!  I measure it by level of happiness, amount of friends. I love my life, there is always a few things that would be nice to change but I would say I am totally content.


5. Pickles-like or dislike? What is something you eat that requires a pickle? Dill, bread and butter, sweet gherkins...what's your favorite kind of pickle?
Love pickles, I was wanting a good dill spear the other day.  I love wrapping them in light bread and eating them like a sandwich.  My sister in law used to make Sweet and Sour Pickles, they were to die for!  Love me some bread and butter pickles also! Yeah pickles are good!


6. In your current house-town-state, what is it you like living close to?
Living here in Willard MO we are close enough to Springfield that if you need something from the store it is just a quick trip, or if you want to be in the country it is just a drive up the road.  So it is kind of the best of both worlds.


7. What is one thing on your 'want-to-do' list before summer draws to an official close?
There are a few beautiful parks in Springfield with loads of flowers.  I would love to go take some pictures before they are completely gone.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Getting excited, we are headed to Arkansas, end of next week.  My grandson will be turning 12, and I will also be attending 2 baby showers for my daughter and new grandson.  Thought it was pretty awesome they planned to have them during the time we are there.  And of course will get to spend time with Eden Jade and Cain during our visit.  Nothing like making memories with your grandkids!

until next time...nel

2 comments:

  1. How's your daughter? So glad you'll get to share in the fun of baby showers with her. That's special : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce, She is doing okay. feeling pretty miserable since it is hotter. She is constantly hurting in her back, the doc said it was because she is running out of room and he is such an active baby. He told her she should be able to tell if it turns into contractions. She was 33 wks yesterday. Eden was born at 33 wks, so we are hoping he stays in a little longer! Thanks for your prayers!

      Delete