Monday, April 1, 2013

A is for Advocate


I thought I would give a try at the A to Z Challenge again this year. It was very enjoyable last year.  I met a lot of new bloggers and enjoyed getting to know everyone.  This year I am going to have more of a plan, last year being my first year I just winged it.  I was proud of myself though I had a post every day.  Hang out with me every day and you will see what my theme is.

A is for Advocate
For the purpose of this Challenge I will be using the Merriam-Webster online dictionary for my definitions.
 
The word advocate has a three-part definition:

1: one that pleads the cause of another; specificallyone that pleads the cause of another before a tribunal or judicial court

2: one that defends or maintains a cause or proposal

3: one that supports or promotes the interests of another

From this an advocate perhaps might be someone who pleads your case to someone higher up, someone that is on your side but is doing the talking for you, our mediator.

1 John 2:1-2 says, “My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.  And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the father, Jesus Christ the righteous: and he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.”

Jesus Christ is our advocate with the Father.  He died for our sins and pleads our case to God the Father when we ask for His forgiveness.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  For god sent not his son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”  John 3:16-17

A is also for Arlee.  Arlee Bird at Tossing it Out to be exact.   A to Z Challenge was Lee’s idea.  He started the challenge and I am sure he did not realize how it would take off.  So a Special Thank You goes out to Lee for coming up with this wonderful idea! 

until next time… nel

8 comments:

  1. Jesus as our advocate changes everything. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timely post since we just celebrated Easter yesterday.

    And yea for Arlee!!!

    (one of the A-Z minions just checking in)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good friend of mine advocates for children in the court systems--those kids are lucky to have her.
    A fellow A to Z-er, Jagoda
    http://www.conflicttango.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping in from A-Z #393.
    Pleasure to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good post and thanks for the reminder. I can't imagine what my life would be without Jesus as my advocate.

    I'm participating in the A to Z Challenge too this year for the 1st time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the truth that Jesus is our Advocate! If God is for us, wh can be against us? Glad you stopped by and sad hi. I hope I can stick this out for a solid month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Cathy: thanks for this reminder! I'm going to enjoy your posts. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the post and perfect for the day after Easter.

    ReplyDelete