Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Finding the Hodgepodge...


Can you believe it is Easter already  I am so ready for spring!  You better join in this week, we are on Easter break next week.  And you know you will miss it!


1. What are your plans for Easter? Are you cooking a big lunch or dinner?  Dyeing eggs? Attending a sun rise service?  Eating too much chocolate?
We do not really have any special plans for Easter, since it is just us old people. lol   We will be going to church and Evening Service is quite special.  We will have Communion and foot washing.  Then a singing service and food afterwards.  Should be a special night with church family!

2.  What is something you feel too young to do?

Let my hair go completely gray and it would if I let it.  :(

3.  "Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud...it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs..."  

Of the characteristics mentioned in the biblical definition of love which do you find most difficult to live out and why?


I think probably no record of wrongs or easily angered.  I have to watch myself, I tend to want to correct things, and when I see things repeated I tend to mention them.  The problem is I see the big picture and not everyone sees the big picture.  And at times I am easily angered, just little things, sometimes stupid things.  I try to bite my tongue, maybe that is why my mouth gets sore sometimes.  lolol  

4. What's a springtime flower you associate with your childhood?
Tulips - we always had tulips planted outside.


5.  Ever sung karaoke? If so, what's your go-to song? If not and you're given the opportunity, would you? 
I have never.  I might try it sometime depending on who is around.


6. What is something you keep in a basket?

I have a basket in my bedroom that has magazines and photo books in it.

7.  When was the last time you felt foolish?
This afternoon, I was crocheting a cowboy boot and did not realize I messed up until I was done.  The pattern did not match, I got started going the wrong way.  So I had to make another one.  OOOPS


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Life is good!  Eden Jade stayed with us in Arkansas from the time we got there til we came home.  She and Cain are really growing.  Cain spent time with his mom, they were on Spring break.  I have a few pictures to share, just to show how big they are getting.  There is also one of my daughter, it shows her belly, she may kill me.  But she is only 9 weeks along and already is showing.  I love it!   Hope all of you have a wonderful Easter!  Here they are!




This is the pair I made for our baby!  Janice loved them!

Isn't that cute! I love it!
The kids have named this one Batman.
until next time...nel

3 comments:

  1. Those little cowboy boots are too cute!! My mom is turning 83 and 'still blonde'...makes her look much younger. I have similar plans-teehee.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pictures in the flowers!

    Happy Easter!
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the booties! I wish i can knit more than a scarf, i have tried a hat but it didn't turn out all that well.
    I have karaoke'd on a cruise. I said to myself i would most likely never see these people again so why not! :)

    ReplyDelete