It is Hodgepodge time...
I really do not have any taxing jobs anymore. Stan's niece Patt does the cleaning and cooking in exchange for a place to stay. I do clean our bedroom and office. I guess I would have to say maybe our bathroom. Bathroom cleaning can always be taxing!
2. I'm participating in the April A-Z blog challenge, and the Hodgepodge happens to fall on Day O this week. In keeping with that theme...olives, onions, oysters, okra...of the foods mentioned, what's your favorite O food?
I would have to say onions. A little onion added to a dish can add so much flavor. Not to fond of olives or oysters and I am picky about my okra, so yep I would say onions. Speaking of onions, I had the best order of onion rings from Arby's the other day. We do not do fast food a lot, but those were good. ...just sayin'
3. What is something memorable you experienced as a child that your own children (or future children/nieces/nephews) will not get to experience?
Our world has changed so much, things are just so different now. I think the one thing that really bothers me is the ability for your kids to feel safe, sure they feel safe with their family, and somewhat at school. But they will never experience the feeling of roaming the neighborhood freely and talking to anyone and everyone. Staying out till the street lights come on, playing jump rope, Hide & Seek, Ghost, ghost come out to night or Sardines. To me that is a memorable part of childhood, just being a kid!
4. Term limits for our elected officials...your thoughts?
No more than two terms, and no privileged benefits.
5. On April 18th, 1775, Paul Revere made his famous 'midnight ride'...when did you last make a midnight ride? Perhaps the fate of a nation wasn't hanging in the balance, but tell us where you were headed anyway.
It has been many moons ago. Stan and I have been married 6 1/2 years and we have never been out at midnight driving or riding.
6. What would freak you out more...a mouse running across your floor or a big fat hairy spider?
I hate mice with a passion, but I don't freak out. I just make sure I have plenty of traps out if I see one. I would have to say probably the spider. They usually do not bother me but a big fat hairy one would probably do it. That gives me cold chills just thinking about it.
7. I love it when people ask me________________________?
...about Jesus, or my grandchildren. Don't get me started, we will be here awhile. :)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My heart is breaking for all those affected by the Boston bombings. This is so cruel and so wrong! People, we need to be praying and we need to pray hard!
'The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry. The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth. The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. The LORD is night unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.' Psalms 34:15-18
until next time... nel