It is time for Wednesday Hodgepodge, we were on spring break last week, but we are Hodgepoding this week in the middle of A to Z. Here is my contribution:
We went to the tax man and had our taxes done. Yes I know a lot of you say how can that be fun. But we are getting a refund and we were a little worried this year. We did not have near as many deductions as last year. So yes it was a fun experience, other than that it was just a normal week.
2. April 10th is National Sibling Day...do you have siblings, and if so are you close? Share a favorite story featuring one or all of your siblings. If you don't have siblings, did you ever wish you did?
Yes I have two older brothers. Roles have reversed and I am closer with my oldest brother now, in fact I talked to him on the phone yesterday. I have too many stories to just really pick one, however I remember when I was very small we lived on a farm in Illinois. My oldest brother was staying with our grandparents in Arkansas going to high school. He would come home during the summer. And I remember asking my mom who that guy was that came and lived with us during the summer and mowed the yard. When they told me he was my brother. I would not have any of it, I told them No, Tom was my brother. I would not have a lot to do with him.
3. Is it important to you to 'buy American'? Why or why not? How much of an effort do you make to 'buy American'? If you're not American, insert your own country in the blank.
I try to buy American, just because. But I do not really go out of my way to do so.
4. Besides The Bible, what book has impacted your spirituality in some way?
Max Lucado - "Six Hours, One Friday" Love it, love it, love it!
5. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Do you find rainy days calming or depressing? When were you last caught in a rainstorm? What's blooming in your neck of the woods today?
I love rainy days unless it keeps raining for days and days. It rained on us one day last week. Daffodils, Tulips and the Bradford Pear trees are blooming. And they are so pretty!
6. What's your favorite yellow food?
Last year I would of said Corn, Corn on the Cob, my favorite, could make myself sick eating it. But not so much anymore the Doctor told me to stay away from it-so :( My mind is blank I can't think of anything else. I do love scrambled eggs, or deviled eggs. hmmm that is partly yellow.
7. April is National Poetry Month...what's a poem that holds special meaning for you, and why is it special?
Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.
by Langston Hughes
I remember this one from Jr. High. I had an English teacher that really introduced me to poetry and this was always one of my favorites. I love poetry. I also have another one that is special to me, it is about my dad. You can read it here.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
How many of you are participating in the A to Z Challenge. It is a lot of fun, yes busy times, but great times when you meet new friends. I am very glad I have a lot of my posts written, I just have to copy and paste. I do still have 10 letters to finish, but if I write one a day, I will be in good shape! Would love for you to drop in and check out my A to Z posts too.
until next time...nel