3 months ago
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Glad to be back in the land of Hodgepodge this week. We spent 10 days in Arkansas, I had to get a grandkid fix. We had a wonderful time.
1. What can the average citizen do to honor a military veteran and/or those currently serving?
I think be respectful to those that are gone and let the ones serving know how much you appreciate them.
2. Besides a flag what is something you own that is red, white and blue?
I have a t-shirt that has a flag on it. I have a flag pin and earrings.
3. Does love really conquer all?
I think it depends on what kind of love you are talking about. If you are talking about a couple's love for each other, I think you also need trust and honesty. The only love that I know that conquer's all or can conquer all is Jesus' love for everyone.
4. Strawberry shortcake or blueberry pie?
Definitely strawberry shortcake, just had an individual one tonight. mmmm good!
5. Do you share personal stuff with your hairdresser?
Yeppers, I have known her almost forever. At one time she was married to one of my cousins.
6. Does money lead to selfishness?
I think it can. People tend to get greedy, the more they have the more they want...human nature.
7. What piece of furniture in your home most needs replacing or refinishing?
Here at Willard I would say the couch, I hate it. It is very uncomfortable and is ugly! We keep it covered. In Arkansas there are a few pieces that needs replacing. Our bed in a queen size but it is in a waterbed frame, so it is a real pain to change the sheets. My recliner has seen better days and the couch is getting pretty weak.
8. Insert your own random here.
Would you believe my grandbaby graduated from Kindergarten last week. It seems like yesterday she was in Children's. I thank God everyday for watching over her. Here are a few pictures. She sure is growing, so is her bubba but he was at his mom's most of the week. He only was able to stay one night with us, but we were thankful for that.
I have a few more pictures I will share on another post.
until next time.... nel
Posted by Nel at 12:01 AM