Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Thoughts...

Do you ever run on to something that just captures your attention and you know it is something you have to share with people.  That is how I felt when I heard this song, a friend posted it on facebook and I knew I had to find it to share it with all of you. 
This song is sung by Diamond Rio.  In the post and in previous emails it is said that it was banned from the stations because of being politically incorrect, however that is not true.  It never was released as a single until it was included on Diamond Rio's Greatest Hits II CD in May 2006.  When it was finally released for airplay it was up against songs like "Jesus Take The Wheel,"  "Courtesy of The Red, White and Blue," "American Soldier," "Believe," and "When I Get Where I Am Going," and I know if you are not a country music fan you may not have heard these songs, but trust me they were all good songs,  some of the best. Needless to say we country music listeners did not request it to be played, so it did not stand against these other songs, and was lost in the shuffle, but it is definitely worth sharing.



When I read that the song had been banned and after listening to it, I thought I wanted to share this because that is so wrong. It was said to be politically incorrect.  However after doing the research and finding out it was not banned, it spoke to my heart for a different reason.

I think sometimes we get easily caught up in what is going on around us, or someone else's soapbox for lack of a better word. We forget to listen to the Holy Spirit and let him guide and lead us.  

I pray that I will learn to listen to His voice before putting my foot in my mouth.  

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil."   Proverbs 3:5-7 KJV

until next time... nel

3 comments:

  1. I don't listen to much country music, but your post has intrigued me.

    I believe the internet has given people the opportunity to spread all kinds of political propaganda, urban legends, and hoaxes. Most of the time, if we take the time to research (as you did), we will find that there is no truth to what is being said!

    It's so very important to be accountable for the information we post or email to others.

    Thanks, Nel, for setting the record straight about this song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this song. I've received those same e-mails and have listened to this song several times. Very good! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete