It's Random Dozen Time. I didn't want to miss again so I am answering these questions at 1:00 in the morning, so sorry if they do not make sense. I am post-dating this so it will post tomorrow... hope it works. However I will not be able to link up... sorry! We will not have computer service until Friday when we return home.
If you would like to join in just go over by Lid at 2nd Cup of Coffee and link up so everyone can enjoy your answers. It is a great way to meet new friends and blogging buddies! Thanks Lid!
So Here We Go:
1. Have you, or has someone close to you, ever won an award for anything?
I have won a couple of awards for years of service where I had worked, nothing noteworthy. My hubby won several awards from his previous job where he worked for the Federal Railroad Administration with Hazmat.
2. Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military?
My dad served in the Army in Germany during WWII. And my brother Tom was in the Army during Viet Nam.
3. Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you.
All it takes is seeing the American Flag. If I have a camera I cannot pass one by without getting a picture. Just something about the flag!
4. Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality?
Oh yeah definitely made a difference. I am the youngest and the only girl, can we say spoiled!
5. Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents.
Always do your best in whatever you do, and be proud of it! (not boastful proud but knowing that you did your best)
6. If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo?
Last time I looked I was female so...I prefer slacks, I do like my jean skirt, but slacks are more comfy, and at this stage in my life I am all about comfort!
7. Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? What do you do to go back to sleep?
Usually once, early morning, potty break. What do I do... close my eyes! Sleeping is not a problem for me.
8. Share a favorite movie quote.
"Make My Day..."
9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent?
10. What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to?
Making Thanksgiving Dinner for my daughter and her family.
11. Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently.
My hubby brought me home a boquet of flowers a couple weeks ago. I love those just becauses. Those are always a nice surprise.
12. What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be?
We are at the stage in life where there were no in-laws to meet. Just kids and he did meet my mom. But meeting the kids was a little tense because of the age difference between us. I think they thought I was a gold digger or something. lol Things are better now.
That's All Folks ! ! !
Hope all of you have a wonderful week and we will see you Friday!
until next time... nel