I am so glad to be back home and blogging again, at least until this Friday. Arkansas bound for a few days. This is my first week back at the RANDOM DOZEN. We missed you Lid! Glad you are back. If you would like to join us hop over to Linda’s place at 2nd Cup of Coffee. You can get the prompts there, and then after you post your answers Link back up with Lid so we can all enjoy them. It is a great way to get to know people and make new friends.
So here we go:
1. What insect are you most afraid of? Feel free to post a picture.
I think a brown recluse spider. I was bitten by one of those years ago, and it made me very sick. I ran fever and had to have antibiotics. I was lucky or so the doc said. It bit me on the side of my stomach and because of the fatty layer there it spread outwards instead of deep. So it did not rot out like they usually do. But I had a huge red area about 10 inches in diameter. So see being skinny is not always the best! lol
2. What is the greenest/most organic thing about you or that you do?
I do not rate to high in this area. I do always turn off the lights and television or music when I leave a room. Does that count? Oh oh… I turn in my ink cartridges at Staples so they do not end up in the landfill. Well let’s be honest part of the reason is I receive credit for them. Ok, so I could use some improvement in the green area.
3. Tell me about a recurring dream that haunts you.
I actually cannot think of one. I usually cannot remember my dreams.
4. Have you ever missed a flight? What were the circumstances?
Nope can’t say that I have. Could be cause I have only flown twice in my life. I know… deprived!
5. What do you consider your best feature?
I think my sense of humor and being able to talk to everyone or anyone. I never meet a stranger. I have always believed: There are no strangers here, only friends we have not met.
6. What was the last concert you went to?
My hubby and I went to a gospel concert put on by the Christian radio station here in Springfield. It was really good. The Hoppers, Gold City, & Second Generation, we really had a good time. Ask me again the end of September… we are going to see Alan Jackson and I am so excited!
7. Describe the most embarrassing church moment you ever experienced.
Gosh I have thought on this all day and have not come up with anything yet. And I am sure when I was Youth Leader there were numerous times. Guess I am having a brain fart... sorry!
8. Are you a whistler, hummer or singer?
I can’t whistle at all, hum a little, so I guess I am a singer. I always have a song in my head.
9. George Washington Carver said, "I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in." What is God saying to you through nature today, or this very minute?
Kind of strange, I do feel like the Lord has been speaking to me lately. I feel like He has been saying all you have to do is trust Me. I give you beautiful canvases of My artwork and all I want you to do is share them with people. I have given you the ability to see the beauty in all that I have done; now you need to do your part.
10. On September 1, 1752, the Liberty Bell arrived in Philadelphia. What memorable event will take place in your life on September 1, 2010?
Well I don’t think I have a bell coming or anything so the most memorable event in my life on September 1, 2010 will be getting out of bed. lolol
11. Taco Bell or the Liberty Bell? (You must choose.)
Liberty Bell, I am not a big Taco Bell fan. I prefer Taco Villa that was close to my hometown. It was the best!
12. Do you believe men and women can have purely platonic friendships?
I think it depends on the man and the woman, but yes most definitely. I have several male friends that are my buds. We have talked each other through some tough times in our lives. They are very special friends!
Well wasn’t that fun! I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Not sure if I will have time to post or not next week. But I will catch up on reading when I return.
until next time… nel