Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April Randoms...

Guess what? It is that wonderful time we look forward to every week. Yes you got it, that time when Linda over at 2nd Cup of Coffee makes us think. The questions are random, the answers are really random, but what fun we have! Join us this week and share a little bit of your world with us.

So Here We Go...

1. Define a great relationship.

Wow… that’s deep. I think one of the major points of a great relationship between couples is trust. You have to have trust! You love each other even thru the bad times. And it needs to be Christ-centered. My daughter and I have a great relationship; always have, even in those teen years. I think one of the most important things is I always had time for her. No matter what I was doing if she needed to talk or show me something I made time for her. It made her feel important, it reinforced that I cared, I loved her unconditionally.

2. Why is it called a "drive-through" if you have to stop? (Real question: What was the last food/drink you purchased at a drive-through?)

I like the real question a lot better! lol. Last Saturday, as we were coming home from Omaha we made a stop at Wendy’s. And we both had a Chocolate Frosty. Mmmmmm the best! We were so excited when they put a Wendy’s on our side of Springfield. I said we were excited, I didn't say it was a good thing... lol

3. As I type this, the Butler Bulldogs are getting ready to play in the NCAA championship game. Every Hoosier is hysterical about this except me. So in honor of the Bulldogs ... what is your favorite breed of dog? (I tried.)

I love all puppies. But cocker spaniels tend to tug at my heart. They are so expressive with their big puppy dog eyes and those big droopy ears that get in to everything. I miss my Dustydog!

4. If you had to move to a state besides the one you currently live in, where would you move?

Such a silly question - Arkansas, hands down.

5. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?

This is a hard one. Everything we go thru and overcome or enjoy makes us who we are today and I like who I am. When I was in school, I was not allowed to join in any activities or extra curricular programs. That I wish would have been different, I think I would of enjoyed high school more, instead of blocking it out of my memory.

6. Who's the funniest person you know?

My hubby is pretty funny. I love his sense of humor, most of the time. lolol. Eden Jade is pretty funny too. She is already becoming the comedian. I foresee an unlimited amount of parent/teacher conferences in my daughter’s future.

7. Did you get enough sleep last night?

Yes I think so. I have not had my diet coke yet this morning and I am answering these. We went to bed about 1:00 and I woke up about 9:00. So 8 hours

8. What's the first thing you thought about this morning?

oooo ooo I gotta go pee. (you asked!)

9. Grilled or Fried? --HONESTLY

Some things I like grilled, but I prefer fried, as long as it is not greasy.

10. Are you afraid of the dark?

Not at all, I am never alone, He is always with me!

11.When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I am really not sure; I do not remember ever wanting to be anything. That is sad.

12. If you had one word to describe yourself , what would you choose?

Fulfilled! I have a husband who adores me and spoils me rotten. I have a beautiful daughter, Grandchildren that light up my life, friends and family that are very special to me. And a relationship with Jesus Christ that assures me I will have a home in Heaven when I leave this world. What more do you need?

Well that is it for this week folks! Join in the fun over at Linda’s.

We have had a busy time in the Fastenau household lately. It feels good to be home and not have anyplace we have to get to. I have some pictures of Eden to share on a later post. Just trying to catch my breath for a day or two. I have to get caught up on reading blogs also, how I have missed that!

until next time… nel

7 comments:

  1. Welcome Home!

    I loved your answer to #12 : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fulfilled is a great answer and yes He is always with you. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That all conspires to be quite a testimony, Nel. The confident, satisfied aspects of your life come through loud & clear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at #8, cause you know that is probably what we all thought first thing in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello...from one fulfilled person to another! Great answers. ((hugs)) Kathy

    ReplyDelete