3 months ago
Wednesday, June 17, 2015
1. June is National Great Outdoors Month. Have you spent any time appreciating the great outdoors this month? If so where, and if not do you have any plans to enjoy the great outdoors before the calendar turns?
We have went fishing several times this month. Actually caught enough one day for supper. Nothing like spending time on the bank of a pond, lake or river. It is so relaxing and a good time to think! Planning on going again before the month is over, bet I use sunscreen next time!
2. What's a current hot button issue for you?
I have a problem when people are not allowed to display the American Flag in the United States, but others are allowed to step on it or set it on fire. Don't even get me started on this! That is just one of my hot button issues...there are a few more!
3. What's a food or treat that 'disappears like hotcakes' in your house?
Watermelon - I always cut it up and put it in Ziploc bags, so it is nice and cold. I have learned you better get it quickly or you will miss out, we have a watermelon bandit in our house. Shhhh don't tell anyone, it is my hubby!
4. How hot is too hot?
For me too hot is when you walk out the door and it is like walking into an oven. When there is no breeze and the humidity is so high and the air is so thick you can cut it with a knife.
5. Do you have an artistic outlook on life? What does that mean to you?
I like to think that I do. Life is our Canvas, and what we put in to it is our paint. Each day is a new canvas, you can have a happy warm canvas or a fiery hot angry canvas. I like a lot of soft blues and pastel colors, the beautiful colors of an awesome sunset or a rainbow after the storm.
6. What's one question you'd like to ask your father, or one you wish you could ask your father?
My Dad is in Heaven and there are so many things I wish I would of asked him. Did he remember his Dad? And what his life was really like growing up without him. He was 5 years old when his Dad passed. Would like to know what happened or what he died from.
7. Something you learned from your father?
I think I got my sense of adventure from my dad. He was not afraid to try new things. He loved traveling to new places. I remember him telling me you are never lost, you might not know where you are going, but you can always enjoy the ride and see new places.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have been working hard organizing, taking pictures, taking notes on items for Ebay. I am on box #11 and have probably 5 or 6 more to go. It will make it so much easier to list things on Ebay. Fun times...busy work!
until next time...nel
Posted by Nel at 12:00 AM