Thursday, January 22, 2015

What Are You Thankful For?


This is my second week joining in on Thankful Thursday.  I think it is a good reminder of what we are thankful for.  We take so much for granted.  I have a few more general things to list, then I will try to get with the program and post about what I am thankful for during the week.  So here goes...

I am thankful for my extended family.  When Stan and I married my family grew quite a bit.  He has two lovely daughters who are married. 5 grand kids and 4 great grands.  I am thankful we have passed the awkwardness and are a family now.  I wish we could see them more than what we do, but they live in Utah and Iowa.  Here are two of the great grands.


Aren't they precious?  

I am also thankful that my sweet husband and my daughter's dad and step mom all get along. We are all friends and actually enjoy holidays together.  It makes it so much easier for Janice and the kids.  We get some strange looks sometimes but life is good.  Everything happens for a reason!
Stan, Gina & Doc at Christmas
Also thankful for our church and church family.  Heritage Chapel FWB is not big in number but we are mighty.  We love our Lord God and believe in His Word.  We have a young (preaching years) preacher that is on fire for the Lord.  He gets so excited and his wife has a heart of gold.  We have some awesome Bible Studies on Wednesday night and good preaching Sunday mornings and nights.  If you are ever in the Springfield MO area look us up, we would love to have you!
Heritage Chapel FWB, Springfield MO
Bro. Bruce & Sis Flecia Blankenship


Life is good!  Thank you Jesus!

'In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.'  I Thessalonians 5:18

until next time...nel




6 comments:

  1. oh I enjoyed your blog! We have much in common. Hubstir and I blended familys, he had two and I had two. Between us we have 7 grands...your great grands are very sweet! We spend every Christmas Day with my son and DIL, her family, my ex and his wife...we have the best time and I really look forward to it every year. Such a gift to be able to give our children...
    Your church sounds wonderful....Have family near or around Springfield... Herndon is the family name. Signing up to follow your blog :-)
    Have a blessed day!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so blessed to have both a wonderful family and church family too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is neat everyone gets along in the families :) Having a wonderful church family is also a blessing indeed!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. it makes such a difference in a family when everyone gets along...

    Thanks again for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute grandkids! Lovely chapel!
    Good relationships within the family is indeed something to be very grateful about, especially nowadays with many people opening new chapters in their life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful greats! It is really nice that your husband gets along with your ex & his wife...it has to make it easier on your daughter.

    ReplyDelete