Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Hodgepodge #160...



1. It's  been said that one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day. Do you think that's true? Do you find that an easy exercise most mornings? What's something positive you told yourself today? If you missed that boat, what's something positive you could tell yourself tomorrow?
We do set our mood when we get out of bed.  I have found if I pray and talk to God for a little while and ask him for help to make it through the day, it goes a lot smoother.

2. There will be karaoke at the next party you attend...are you in? Or will you be faking a sore throat?
Sure I'm game!

3. January 29th is National Puzzle Day...what's something you've found puzzling recently?
There is so much in this life that can be puzzling, but I think the one that sticks out is I do not understand any type of racism.  There is no one on this earth that is better than someone else...we are all equal.  And Jesus loves everyone of us!

4.  Jigsaw, crossword, acrostic, logic, sudoku, word search...what's your favorite kind of puzzle, and when did you last work one?
I love any type of puzzle bu my favorite I would have to say is jigsaws.  I work on a jigsaw everyday on my computer

5. Recently a writer by the name of Amy Glass ruffled feathers with a post she wrote saying she looks down on young women with husbands and kids and she's not sorry. Among other things, she says women will be equal with men when we stop saying house work and real work are equally important. You can read the whole piece by clicking here.

What say you? Do you think men and women are equal in the 21st century? Why or why not?
I think it is an individual choice.  Raising a family and keeping the house running is a full time job. I worked when I was raising my family not by choice but I had to, and that was also equally hard.  It was hard to keep everything balanced.  I look back and think there is many things I would of changed, but probably nothing that would have made a difference.

6. What's a product you've noticed in the grocery store that you'd like to try, but haven't yet?
I really cannot think of anything right now.  I am sure I could find something in the frozen section.  lol

7. The author, Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (aka Lewis Carroll) was born this week in 1832 (January 27th).  Which character from his celebrated novel, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, would you most like to meet, and why? Here's a linkto a character list if you need help on this one. 
Probably the Cheshire Cat...he is so intriguing!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I think I am going to work on getting tax stuff together this next week.  That was random!  That is if I can stay awake long enough.  With this cold weather I want to hibernate like a bear!

until next time...nel

2 comments:

  1. Ugh-taxes! I have been collecting our paperwork as it is almost that time again. It certainly rolls around fast! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately, hubby does most of our tax stuff.

    ReplyDelete