Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Catching the Hodgepodge This Week...



1.What makes love last?
I think there are several things that help love last...respect, consideration for the other person's feelings, but most of all putting God in the center.

2. The Beatles made their US debut fifty years ago this week. Are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite Beatles tune?
Not a big fan, I do have a few favorites though... Yesterday;  Long and Winding Road; One

3. Valentine's Day-your thoughts? Do you celebrate in any way? Do anything special for the people you love? Expect anything special from the people who love you? 
We always send my grands Valentine goody bags, mailed them out today.  And Stan & I usually exchange cards and he usually takes me out to eat.

4. Steak or burger...you have to choose. Now that that's settled, how do you like it? 
I love me some steak!  Medium Rare, nothing better!  No steak sauce don't want to hide the flavor.

5. The Hodgepodge lands on the birthdate (February 12th) of Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States of America. Lincoln is quoted as saying,'Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test his character give him power.'  Do you agree? Why or why not?
Never really thought about it but you can tell a lot about someone when they are in power.  Do they become selfish with it, or do they think of others.

6. Honest Abe's image is featured on the US penny (1 cent coin) so I'm wondering...what do you do with your pennies (or your country's equivalent)?  It's been suggested the US stop making the penny, and two bills have been introduced proposing just that, but neither were approved. What say you?
I think pennies would be missed.  And they do add up.  I can remember times in my life where yes I counted pennies too.

7.  Do you think pop culture deserves serious study?
I am not sure it would do any good.  

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I must have been tired last week slept right through the Hodgepodge.  It was Wednesday before I was ready.  I am like a bear, I just want to hibernate during cold weather and we are having our share this year as well as everyone else.   Hope everyone has a great week!

until next time...nel

2 comments:

  1. Good answer for #1. And I agree on #4, except I want my steak cooked medium. Definitely no sauces. I can't imagine why people like to cover up the taste of the meat. Yummy. I think I'm getting hungry. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want sauce on my steak either. A couple people mentioned ketchup which sounds so wrong to me : ) Stay warm...we're bracing for another big storm tonite and tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete