selfie, twerk/twerking, hashtag, Twittersphere, Mr. Mom, T-bone, ____on steroids, the suffixes-ageddon, and -pocalypse added to anything and everything, from the world of politics the words-intellectually/morally bankruptand Obamacare, and from the world of sports the words-adversity and fan base
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you'd like to add?
2. What one unfinished project nags at you begging to be completed in this new year?
Wow I have several but I think the one thing I want to finish is making copies of my mom's pictures for family. Then I also have some videos from Janice's youth I have promised to put on dvd's.
3. When did you last have a bowl of soup? What kind? Homemade or from a can? What's your favorite soup?
One day last week - homemade vegetable. I think my favorite is potato soup.
4. Snowed in, snowed under, snow job...which one most applies to your life in recent days, figuratively speaking.
Snowed in - we have been snowed in since Saturday evening, oh you said figuratively, hmmmm. Snowed under- I am ready for life to quiet down a little.
5. What's the funniest movie you've ever seen, or at least one of the funniest?
This is terrible, nothing comes to mind. I do not watch a lot of TV and seldom go to the show.
6. In general, would you say you're clumsy?
Not so much, I don't think so.
7. Elvis Presley was born on Hodgepodge Day (January 8th) back in 1935. Are you an Elvis fan? What's your favorite Elvis tune? If that's too hard, which Elvis tune do you dislike the least? Click here for a list of his songs.
Not a big Elvis fan, I never listened to him, however I do remember watching his shows when they would come on TV. I remember him singing "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" Always liked that one.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Hard to believe 2013 is gone and we have started a new year. The Lord has truly blessed our family. My grand kids are my greatest blessing. Silas James is wonderful. He had his Swallow study today, and they said everything looks great. Thank you Jesus! Spent some time over the weekend video chatting with Eden Jade, then we played a game together. Isn't technology wonderful! Cain Alan is growing by leaps and bounds. He is now a head taller than me and wearing a size 12 shoe, he is only in the 7th grade. He is going to be a big young man. I looked back through some pictures the other day, pictures when he was 3 years old and joined our family, pictures of Eden when she was in the NICU and now Silas. Brought tears to my eyes, when you think about how good God is to us and how blessed we are! Thank you Jesus!
until next time...nel