Wednesday, February 27, 2013

So Long February Hodgepodge...



Wow it is hard to believe it is already the end of February.

1.  When were you last facing an ocean? Using just ONE word, describe how you felt as you faced that ocean. 
Too Long!  It has been going on three years.   Excited

2. What are three sounds you hate to hear?
A child crying.  An adult being short with a child in public, or hateful with them, you know yelling loudly at them.  The sound of sirens, always say a quick prayer for whoever.

3. This question comes to you courtesy of some real life friends. Hi real life friends! When you shop for yourself, do you try everything on in the store before buying or do you buy, try on at home, and then return what you don't like or what doesn't fit?
I hate shopping for clothes, but if when I do I usually try things on.  I usually order mine online.

4. February 26th is National Pistachio Day...are you a fan of the little green nut? Do you use them in cooking and baking or prefer to eat them right out of the shell?
I love pistachios preferably right out of the shell.  Before I remarried I had a cocker spaniel named Dusty Dog and he loved pistachios also.  In fact he got into them one time and ate the nuts and left the shells in the floor - go figure. He was a mess!

5. When did you last have to compromise with someone?  Were you happy to reach the compromise or slightly irritated it was necessary? 
I really do not remember.  Usually I am fine with compromising as long as it does not interfere with my beliefs.

6.  Have you ever written a letter to an elected official? Did you get a response?

No don't think so, at least don't remember it if I did.

7. We 'March' into a new month at the end of this week...what's something on your March calendar guaranteed to make you smile?
I will get to see my grandkids and my daughter sometime in March.  Plus March is always a good month - my birthday!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Not much random going on around here.  I would like to say if you have not read my post before this one about The Chocolate Bar Book and two wonderful little boys please do.  Make sure you check out their website.  It really touched my heart.  Amazing little boys!

until next time...nel


13 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by! I too don't care for yelling or shouting. This is a drama free zone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From one March birthday to another, have a very happy birthday!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sirens, yeS! I always say a quick prayer, too,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like hearing sirens either. My heart always goes out to whoever it is in trouble right then. And yes, I say a prayer too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a dog named Dusty once, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love birthdays! I normally order my clothes online- saves the hassle of bumping into busy shoppers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree about sirens. I'm not sure why I didn't think of that! It's never a good sound... and when you hear a few going at one time it makes me really worry that it's something big (and bad) going on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always say a prayer when I hear sirens too. Your dog cracking pistachios and leaving the shells paints a funny picture : )

    We have a couple of March birthdays in my extended family, plus my dad's birthday was in March. Happy birthday month! You know I like to extend my own birthday and think everyone should-it's good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Children crying always gets me, too. What I hate the most is when an infant is in a shopping cart crying and the mom is on her cell phone. The poor thing tries so hard to get her attention, but to no avail. Drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. March sounds like an exciting month for you-family visits and a birthday, too! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. same here always say a prayer no need to know details He all ready does
    come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So March sounds like a great month for you....and early Birthday wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete