Sunday, October 7, 2012

Playing Catch Up...

It is beginning to look like fall around here.  Actually more like winter.  We had 85 degree weather one day and then 55 the next,  and it got down to 33 last night.  I have been watching our neighbor's tree this year, usually it puts on quite a show, beautiful colors, but it just hasn't made it yet.  It is starting to change, but the colors are not bright, more on the drab side.  I am sure this is due to the extreme dryness we had this summer, unfortunately I don't believe there will be as many pictures snapped this year.

We have had a busy summer, just seemed like one thing after another.  Do you ever feel like you meet yourself coming and going. I think I have been MIA all summer in blog land.  Perhaps I can get caught up over the next week or so. I  also have several books I need to get reviewed and a few I need to read.

Our grandkids spent a week with us the end of July.  What a joy they were.  They are growing so fast.  It was so hot out we really couldn't do a lot, but one thing we could do was enjoy the pool.  We have a wonderful Aquatic Park here in Willard.  The kids really had a good time.  Cain got brave and even went off the high dive, his dad and Janice were really surprised.  He loved it!  Eden went down the big slide once, but they said she could not go on with her life jacket on, so she spent the rest of the time in the kids end.  Needless to say, Cain spent most of his time on the far end of the pool, so I did not get as many pictures of him.








As you can tell they love to make things, I ran across this kit at a yard sale.  I have to say it is the best $1.00 I ever spent.  There are forms with little pegs sticking out that you put these plastic beads on, then you use the iron to melt them together.  When it cools you carefully pop your design off.  They had several hanging designs to take home with them.






We all laughed at the last one, we told her Daddy he better get the big guns out!  The kids had a good time and already talking about next summer.  Making memories -- that is what it's all about!

until next time... nel


3 comments:

  1. It's good to hear that you had a good summer. My, your grandkids have grown so much! Where does the time go? And yes, I do seem to meet myself coming and going :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandkids are adorable!

    I also like the autumn leaves of your header and post background. They remind me of the famous french song "The fallen leaves" sung by famous french singers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its nice to see you back here Nel. I'm glad you made some fun memories with your grands : )

    ReplyDelete