It is time for the Hodgepodge! Can you believe 82 - wow! Joyce does a great job in hosting the Hodgepodge! Click on the button and join in the fun!
1. Summer officially rolls in with the Hodgepodge this week, for those of us in the Northern hemisphere anyway. What song says summer 2012 to you?
We travel more during the summer whether it be short day trips or longer jaunts so I would have to say "On The Road Again."
2. What's your favorite quintessential summer food?
Cantalope - I love cold cantalope!
3. I've spent a lot of time traipsing up and down the NJ Turnpike in recent weeks. Did you know the rest areas on the turnpike are named after people who lived or worked in NJ? Clara Barton, Walt Whitman, James Fenimore Cooper, Molly Pitcher, Joyce Kilmer, Thomas Edison, and Grover Clevland just to name a few. Of those I listed, who would you most like to have known and why?
I would think Thomas Edison. He was the great inventor of the electrical age, a very smart man who had a good sense of humor. He was responsible for hundreds of inventions, a couple of them being the light bulb and the phonograph.
4. At what age did you move out of your parent's house and what prompted the move?
I was 22 years old when I moved out on my own... across several states. I lived in a suburb of Chicago and moved to Central Arkansas, like night and day. Dad always talked about retiring in Arkansas and I knew he would not leave Illinois if I was still there, so I moved a year before they did.
5. What's more satisfying to you-saving time or saving money?
I think saving money, I love a good sale!
6. Name something you think brings out the good in people.
Being a friend to them and treating them nicely, complimenting them.
7. This last question comes to you courtesy of Kathy over at Reflections...will you be taking a vacation or a staycation this summer? If so where will you go? If a staycation is on the calendar have you made any special plans to fill the time?
It looks like we will be headed to Vegas in August. Hubby is a delegate for a convention. Hoping we can make it to Texas this summer to see a good friend of his. May try to make a quick trip to Nebraska to see his sisters also. And of course Arkansas in July, September, November and December.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My cousin Debi visited with us from Wednesday thru Sunday afternoon. We had such a good time! We talked and laughed and wiped tears! It was so good to spend more than an hour or two with her. We had not done that for a very very long time...long overdue!
until next time... nel
2 weeks ago