2 months ago
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
1. What do the words 'freedom' and 'liberty' mean to you? Does your mind go more in the direction of not being persecuted or discriminated against or does it head in the direction of doing what you please?
When I hear the words freedom or liberty I always think of our military, how they fight and stand up for our freedom and liberty. But most importantly our freedom to worship the way we choose. Praying we never lose that freedom.
2. Nathan's sponsors a hot dog eating contest every 4th of July. Last year over 40,000 people attended the event and almost 2 million watched it on TV. The winner ate over 60 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes. How do you like your hot dogs?
Nothing like a good Vienna Hot Dog - Chicago Style - poppy seed bun, dog, mustard, relish, onions, sport peppers, and homemade thick frenchfries all wrapped together. (Just for the record Sonic's Chicago Style Dog just doesn't cut it in my book.) lolol. But since that is not available in my neck of the woods I am satisfied with a good all beef hotdog, with mustard, relish, and onions on it. Sometimes you just gotta live with it...
3. If you were going to enter an eating contest what would be on the menu?
I would have a hard time with an eating contest, I am not a big eater at one sitting.
4. Do you run your house more as a dictatorship or a democracy?
I would say a democracy but it probably depends on who you ask. lol. When my kid was young I would say democracy also, if we had issues we always listened to all sides before we made a decision.
5. Where was your favorite summer place when you were a kid?
I liked spending time in Arkansas at my cousin Kathy's. We always had a lot of fun there. It was in the country and I always lived in the city so it was a different way of life.
6. Do you have a guest room? Would you want to stay there?
Yes, we have a guest room here in Willard. I guess I would if I had no other choice. The bed is not real comfortable and there are things that need to be moved out of the room.
7. Next Wednesday America celebrates her independence. Do you have any special plans for the 4th of July? If you live outside the USA when and how does your country celebrate its own patriotic holiday?
Tuesday we are going to an icecream social with our church at our pastor's house, so that should be lots of fun! Not sure about fireworks yet. There are areas that are banning them because it is so dry.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am so excited I am almost caught up on my Book Reviews... woo hoo! We are headed to Arkansas the 5th of July, Birthdays, birthdays, birthdays! My daughter and her husbands party is the 6th. She is turning 30, yes my baby is going to be 30 this year. Maybe that is why I have been feeling so poorly...lolol. Then Eden Jades will be the 14th, she will be 6. She is having a rollerskating party, sounds like a fun time to me. I know alot of areas are dry and having problems but please remember Arkansas in your prayers - they need rain so bad. The grass was already crunching underfoot when we were there in May and they still have not had rain. My SIL was fighting fires tonight. I think he has been called out almost every night. People are already having to feed their livestock hay because there is nothing in the fields and the water level is really getting low. Please remember them!
until next time... nel
Posted by Nel at 12:01 AM