Saturday, December 4, 2010

Will You Be Standing...






I love this meme, always love to find new songs and artists.  This week my hubby forwarded an email to me and I felt like I just needed to share it with you.  Some of you may have already seen it or heard it, but it is worth sharing!  But first a little bit about the song:

About the Song:

While at the mall a couple of years ago, my then four year old nephew, Spencer, saw kids lined up to see Santa Claus. Having been taught as a toddler that Christmas is the holiday that Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus, he asked his mom, "where's the line to see Jesus"? My sister mentioned this to my dad, who immediately became inspired and jotted words down to a song in just a few minutes.

After putting music to the words, and doing a quick recording at home, he received a great response from friends. He sent the song off to Nashville without much response, except for a Christian song writer who suggested adding a bridge at the end of the first chorus. My dad then asked if I wanted to record the song to see what we could do with it. I listened to the song, made a few changes to the words to make it flow better, and we headed to Shock City Studios.

It was at the studio where Chris, owner and producer, rewrote the 2nd verse and part of the chorus... with goose bumps and emotions high, we were all hopeful and felt like we had something special. The demo was recorded in just under 2 hours and sent off again to Nashville... still no response.

Then 2 weeks before Christmas last year, my cousins Greg and Robbie decided to do a video to see what we could accomplish on YouTube. The first day we had 3000 hits and it soared from there. We received e-mails, phone calls, Facebook messages from people all over asking for the music, CD's, iTunes, anything... we had nothin'.

After a couple of meetings with Chris following the amazing response, we got serious. We headed back into the studio this past spring... this time with guitars, drums, bass, pianos, choirs... the real deal.... and here we are today. Getting iTunes set up, a website put together, and loving that thousands upon thousands of Christians have come together... remembering the true meaning of Christmas.

Out of the mouths of babes come profound truths that many adults cannot understand. Hopefully Spencer's observation will cause people all over to reflect on the love of Jesus, and that one day we will all stand in line to see Him. We are most thankful to our Heavenly Father to have this chance to share our music with you. Merry Christmas everyone


Hope it blesses you as much as it did me!

until next time... nel

6 comments:

  1. Awwww sweet little Spencer. Thanks for sharing your blessing. This is such a beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nel, thanks so much for stopping by and more than that, thanks for sharing this song. Oh, my goodness, what a "heart toucher" and what truth. I just posted it on my FB Status in hopes that many of my friends will listen to it.

    A most blessed Christmas Season to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a young wise boy Spencer was, makes you stop and just want to remember to focus on the true reason for this season! beautiful song!!

    thanks for sharing it Nel!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this song.
    It's my first time hearing it.
    I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard this song before, Nel, but it's awesome! I've already listened to it a couple of times...thank you for sharing it.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this song. second time i heard this thru TSMSS. this is why i love this meme.

    i especially love the line - santa clause brought me presents but Christ gave His life for me. that touched my heart deeply.

    i loved it even more now that i know how the song originated.

    ReplyDelete