Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Just another random dozen...

It is that time again… Random Dozen Time! So jump on over to Linda’s at 2nd Cup of Coffee and get the questions. When you get them answered stop by her place and link up so everyone can learn a little more about you. It is a fun time and you meet a lot of wonderful people… so go on, go for it!

1. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet?

Wow… I have a pair of hiking boots that are probably 20 years old. They were good leather ones, and I only wore them when we were up on the mountain, or out looking for mushrooms. They are still in really good shape.

2. Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety?

No I haven’t yet. But probably will this coming weekend. My favorites are: Trefoils, Lemonades, Dosidos and Tag a longs. Will have to have 1 box of each.

3. Do you know how to ballroom dance? If not, would you like to?

We had ballroom dancing in high school. Not sure if I would remember it, but it might come back. Oh I would love to know how. I love watching a couple that can dance and they are so in to each other, and it is almost as if they are just floating. It is so pretty…

4. Were you a responsible child/teenager?

I would think so. I was a good kid. Never did drugs, never drank anything until I was of age. I was pretty much a homebody. I was very shy… yeah I know hard to believe. lolol If my parents asked me to do something, they knew that it would be done.

5. How many of this year's Oscar-nominated movies did you see?

Would you believe just one… “Up”

6. If you're going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself?

I can’t watch blood being drawn; I get light headed, no matter who it is being done to.

7. What is your favorite day of the week and why?

When I was working it was always Friday because the weekend was around the corner, but since I do not work anymore probably Sunday. I enjoy spending time with my church family.

8. Do you miss anyone right now?

Oh yeah… I miss my daughter, and my grandbabies, but will be seeing them in a couple of weeks. Woohoo! And lately I have really been missing my mom and dad. Dad passed in 1998 and Mom in 2007 and they have been on my mind a lot lately

9. Do hospitals make you queasy?

Not really.

10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card. Not that you ever would, you responsible person, you.

Ohhhhh Do I have to decide? lol. Hobby Lobby, could I have fun there! Or CBSO Christian Book Store Outlet… Oh man… books, music, and pretties, for the whole family; yep I could do that one too.

11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items?

As long as it is basically the same or tastes the same, I am a generic sort of girl… or which ever is cheaper.

12. Which is more difficult: looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when he/she is telling you how he/she feels?

Either way works for me. I am an eyes person, you can tell a lot about a person by their eyes. Can usually tell if a person is truthful by looking into their eyes.


Now wasn't that fun, what are you waiting for, now it is your turn, join in the fun and hop over to 2nd Cup of Coffee and link up. You won’t be sorry. It is a lot of fun and you meet some wonderful people, and we all could use another blogging buddy!

But before you go, I have to share something with you…

I was the winner over at Kathy’s corner at Mimi’s Mini Tales giveaway. I received my winnings in the mail last week. My grandbaby Eden Jade is going to be so excited.
She loves puzzles, and this has Cinderella, Goldilocks and the Three Bears and Pinocchio. There also was a Jumbo Play Pad, with pictures to color, Connect the Dots and all kinds of fun games. I think her bubba Cain will enjoy that. If you have never been over to Kathy’s blog click above and check her out. She is a wonderful lady who adores her grandkids.

until next time... nel

28 comments:

  1. Hi Nel, thanks for stopping by..I gave such short answers, I think its the second time I have done the random dozen..tired I guess..

    Love the books you won, children can never have too many books!

    Have a great week and nice to meet you!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snap with the hiking boots. I bought mine for a long walk I did in 1991, and they are still going strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I'm so not with it, I didn't even know what movies were nominated for the Oscars!
    If I haven't already said it, Thanks for following! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answers, and I'd love to max out my cards at your stores too! I love the spring look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nel, what a cheerful looking blog you have for Spring... thanks for your visit to my place ..congrats on winning the kids books.I like and visit Kathy also... she lives about an hour away from me.We must meet for lunch one day.. take care.
    Hugs, Baba

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading your answers. Congrats on your book win. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Enjoyed your answers. Sorry about your mom & dad. My mom passed away in 2007 also. Very hard. Glad to know I'm not the only one with 20 year old shoes in the closet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to seeing my girls in just a few weeks. We'll all be together for Easter and I'm really excited. How fun to win something for your granddaughter! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great answers! I'm not sure which store would be fun to max out a credit card, there are so many places I would love to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great answers. Love your Spring background. Spring is my favorite time of year, everything blooming and all anew.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOBBY LOBBY!!! It's a dangerous place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by. Congrats on your book win!
    Oh and yes Hobby Lobby would be my credit cards doom...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the thin mint Girl Scout cookies. They are my favorite with a good cup of coffee. And boy if I could max out a credit card, it would be my Lowes card. I have so many projects that I would love for my husband to get done around here. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never heard of the lemonade GS cookies! I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. #5 - you saw one more movie than I did!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always enjoy reading your random dozen. :-)

    Hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for visiting and linking up. I see some more posts I need to read here so I will be back. Nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I guess if we we doing it for fun there are a lot of places we could max out our credit cards...kind of like winning a small lottery, fun to think about, but probably won't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can relate to missing grandbabies--mine live in Georgia and Louisiana. Way too far away! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope you'll visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Isn't Random Dozen too much fun!

    Enjoyed your answers.

    Have a great rest of the week!
    R

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like some fun winnings. I love to win things too. Thanks for visiting my Random Dozen

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't believe you guys get so many flavors with your girl scout cookies. We get two, maybe three tops, that I know of: vanilla, chocolate, and maybe the thin mints?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great Answers, I must say I have some pretty old hiking boots too now that you mention it. They last forever.

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for joining the fun. Loved reading your answers. Thanks for stopping over. You can find them online (Anthropologie) they are very expensive but have so many items that are unique. I only buy sale when I am there.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Enjoyed your answers, I hope my hiking boots last that long!!

    Yes, we actually have a March for Babies team walking this year for the 1st time (my Sister is just now emotionally ready to do so)I am very excited and soo Honored that she asked me to be Team Captain... In Memory of her precious son, Brody.
    Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. There must be something about being shy as a child which BURSTS FORTH as we get older. Perhaps we're making up for lost time. Ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on winning the giveaway.

    I don't watch many movies either. I guess my attention span is not long enough!

    I'd love to max out a card at Hobby Lobby, too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yum...now I want girl scout cookies! Ha. Enjoyed reading your answers. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete