Sunday, October 4, 2009

Book Review: What difference do it make?

Book Review: What difference do it make? By Ron Hall, Denver Moore, and Lynn Vincent. Stories of Hope and Healing from the authors of “same kind of different As me.”

This story tells how two people from completely different walks of life were brought together. Ron is an international art dealer who lives the life of luxury and Denver is a homeless man, born in Louisiana, a sharecropper who never learned how to read or write, and spent time in the Angola Prison.

In the story they share how Ron’s wife, Debbie, through her vision, love and faith made a difference. Ron also realizes that strangers are not only on the street but sometimes are in our immediate families. Throughout this book, there are tales and stories of how Debbie’s vision made a difference in lives, and in turn how those affected are trying to make a difference.

On page 168, Ron is talking and he says: “They taught me not to ask myself what would happen to me if I stopped to help someone in the street but to ask myself what will happen to them if I don’t?” Honestly the majority of people feel that way, or we ask ourselves “why can they not find a job?” This book will change the way you look at the homeless; it will change the way you look at troubled relationships.

What difference do it make? I would like to answer that question, this book has made a big difference in the lives of a lot of people, including myself. I will never look at a homeless person the same way again. If everyone would read this book, and apply it to their lives and their broken relationships with others, what a quality of life we could have.

No comments:

Post a Comment