Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy Anniversary...

Do you ever feel like life is passing you by? The older I get the faster it travels. Does everyone feel that way? It is hard to believe I have been married to my best friend for 3 years. It seems like yesterday we were just computer buddies. But last Wednesday we celebrated 3 years of happiness. To celebrate we enjoyed 3 nights in Eureka Springs, AR, where we met each other the first time. Let’s rewind a few years…

Stan and I were online friends. We chatted with each other online every evening. One evening I informed him, I would be gone for a few days, my cousin had invited me to join her in Eureka Springs, and I had accepted her invitation. Stan’s reply was, “Why don’t I meet you there and take you out to dinner?” I was speechless… I thought, Oh jeesh, what have I done? I finally found my voice and said “OK I guess that would be OK, if you don’t mind Kathy joining us. Needless to say, we hit it off and the rest is history…

We had a wonderful 3 nights at the Coyote Moon Bed and Breakfast. This place was beautiful. It was a little A-frame cabin with a hot tub on the balcony under the stars (unfortunately it was overcast). A lot of privacy, beautiful surroundings, flowers, trees, coyotes howling at night. It was so nice, we just relaxed, no phones, no computers, just us. Carl is a wonderful cook; he brought us breakfast every morning, which was delicious. The cabin was beautiful, with the elegant furnishings. I got spoiled to the crushed ice at the refrigerator…lol. (For more information about the B&B click on the link above.)





Life is good!

“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Looks like you had a wonderful time. Eureka Springs looks like a beautiful place!

    Bill and I will celebrate our anniversary in November. You are right about time passing so quickly...it's hard to believe that we will be celebrating 31 years of marriage!

    Blessings,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. How romantic! What a wonderful way to memorialize your vows and reflect on the many things that drew you together.

    Hubby and I are about to celebrate #43 in November. We married at 18, so you can be sure there were some rough patches along the way. Boy am I glad we worked through them!

    Blessings and congratulations,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete