Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fastenau Update...

I want to apologize in the beginning for rambling; I just have so much to share.

We had a wonderful time in Arkansas. It was hot and humid a lot of the time but we still had fun. Eden turned 3 years old. Her birthday party was at the bowling alley; she loves to bowl. She gets so excited. There were a bunch of friends and family there. She made out like a little fat bandit. It was a wonderful day. We ended it with 16 of the family eating a late supper at Cracker Barrel. I really felt for the poor waitress. Needless to say she earned her tip putting up with my son-in-law and my nephews. But it was a fantastic night!


While we were in Arkansas I received a package from a distant cousin who lives in Tennessee. I met him online while working on genealogy. His great grandfather and my great grandfather were brothers on my mom’s side. He is an art teacher and does an amazing job with photos. I sent him Eden’s picture and he sketched it for me. I cannot wait to get it framed. He has no idea what that meant to me!


We really had a good time in Arkansas. I was able to see a lot of friends and family I had not seen in a long time. It was not under the best of circumstances, my ex-mother-in-law’s brother passed away, but it was still good to see them. You can’t turn off 18 years.

We are now planning our trip out west. Stan was elected as a delegate to the AFGE National Convention in Reno, Nevada. We will be staying at the Grand Sierra Resort for a week. We are leaving a week early and taking a week to come home. I can’t wait! We will be stopping in Colorado, then on to Salt Lake City to see his daughter, and on to Carson City. We will see Lake Tahoe while we are in the area. Also, there will be a jazz festival taking place in Carson City while we are there, that should be fun. Following Carson City we will be at Reno. After Reno we are stopping in Bishop, California and going to Yosemite National Park, then off to Las Vegas for a couple of nights. We will then spend 2 nights in Flagstaff, enjoying the Grand Canyon and surrounding areas. Then we will make our way to Arkansas, stopping at Albuquerque, New Mexico and Oklahoma City on the way. I see a lot of pictures taking place…

Which brings me to something really exciting. My sweet hubby let me order a new digital camera. It is a Canon Rebel XS with 10 mega pixels. It comes with several different lenses and 32GB of memory. I can’t wait to get it! I think he decided that would be a wise decision… I would have needed a lot of film for my 35mm.

I can’t wait to enjoy the beautiful sites and scenery that the Lord has given us! Did I mention I am excited…lol.

“Hearken to this, O Job; stand still, and consider the wondrous works of God.” Job 37:14

2 comments:

  1. Hi~thanks for stopping by my blog. Sounds like you have a great trip planned. Have a wonderful time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you are traveling all over the place! How exciting!

    You'll have to let me know all about this fancy camera you are getting. I have a point and shoot digital. It's all I can do to handle THAT. LOL

    Love your pictures. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics you take with the new camera!

    Have a great weekend...
    Beth

    ReplyDelete