Thursday, July 9, 2009

Arkansas bound Again...


I love summer, not the heat or humidity, but just the fact that it seems we spend more time in Arkansas. See there is this cute little girl that has hold of my heart.

I talked to her on the phone last night and she asked when I was coming. I told her we would be there Friday, the day after tomorrow… she politely said “bring Papa too” and I replied “Yes, baby I will.” And then it was “Ok, bye! Love you.” I guess, as we get older we just enjoy those little moments so much more. They touch our hearts.

July is Birthday month in our family. My son-in-law Clint’s birthday is July 10th, my daughter Janice’s birthday is July 11th, and Eden’s birthday is July 14th. Eden will be 3 years old this year, it seems like it was only yesterday when she was being pulled down the aisle at our wedding. She had just gotten out of Children’s Hospital three weeks before our wedding. She was 10 weeks old. Our wedding was a little different. My daughter Janice walked me down the aisle. My grandson Cain was the ring bearer and he pulled Eden, who was the flower girl, down the aisle in a wagon surrounded by flowers. The good thing about it was they got the attention and not nearly as many eyes were on us. I look at Eden now and just realize how far she has come and how God truly blessed us! She is truly our miracle baby!




We will be in Arkansas for 12 days, see you when we get back.


“And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.” John 14:13, 14

1 comment:

  1. I can see why you want to spend so much time in Arkansas! What a cutie!

    July is a birthday month in my family, too. My dad's BD is July 5, my mother's is July 7, and my sister's is July 20. It's a busy, but fun month. My sister turns the big 5-0 this year, so we'll have a good time with that. LOL

    Enjoy your trip...I'll miss you! :-)

    ReplyDelete