Thursday, August 6, 2009

Just Having Fun...

Life has been crazy lately… I think it is for everyone. Time is flying by. It is hard to believe it is August already, the year half gone. Just a little over 4 months until Christmas. Wow… Christmas already. I have always heard time flies when you are having fun. Actually, I think it flies, as we get older. I was talking to my cousin the other night, and I casually mentioned you know we are the ages that those old people were when we were teens and we would laugh at them. That is a scary thought. But as I told her getting old is better than the alternative.

Life is good and I thank God everyday for what He has done in my life and how He has truly blessed me and brought me to where I am today. He blessed me with a wonderful family and my wonderful husband. Stan loves spoiling me, and that was something I was not used too. We are leaving in a week for a three-week trip out west, and at the end of the three weeks will end up in Arkansas visiting my kids.

I have been playing with my new camera trying to get used to it and all the settings. Talk about fun. Here are a few I have taken over the last couple of days. The hummers were on our back patio and the flowers were at the city park in Willard. Hope you enjoy.

“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights…” James 1:17a









2 comments:

  1. Hey Nel ... thanks so much for dropping by while I endured my recent round of the flu. I appreciated your warm wishes!

    As I visit you today, I can say straightaway that we share a passion for the simple. Gratitude is born so readily and easily in that soil!

    I'll be back, and hope to learn more about the life you're living among the glories of your world.

    Be blessed,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures! You're doing a great job taking photos. I have a point and shoot camera, and it doesn't really do very well...could be the photographer, though! LOL

    Christmas? Shew...it's coming up fast, isn't it?!

    Have a great weekend!

    Love ya,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete