6 months ago
Wednesday, November 18, 2015
1. What's surprised you most about your life, or about life in general?
How quickly you feel old... I mean you know it seems like yesterday I could get in the floor and up with no problem, go ninety to nothing at anything. Now I have to take breaks and I don't get out of the floor without knees popping and bones cracking. The Golden Years... lolol
2. Among others, these ten words were added to the Oxford English Dictionary this year...awesomesauce, beer o'clock, brain fart, buttdial, cat cafe (apparently this is a real thing), fatberg (gross-read the definition here), fat shame, hangry, Mx (gender neutral), and skippable.
Your thoughts? In looking over the list, which word do you find most ridiculous? Which word would you never in a million years say out loud? Which word would you be most likely to use in conversation?
I think the most ridiculous would be fat shame. I would never use beer o'clock. And I have been known to use brain fart...happens once in awhile which I also call them a JR Moment!
3. Do you like gravy? Is there a food you'd rather not eat unless it comes with gravy? Do you make your own or buy the canned or store-made variety? Turkey and gravy, sausage gravy, mashed potatoes and gravy, country ham and red eye gravy, biscuits and chocolate gravy, pot roast and gravy...which one on the list is your favorite?
Yes, I like gravy now and then. Love it on my mashed taters or biscuits, just makes both of them better. And I usually make my own, however at Thanksgiving I buy a jar and add to it. I would think my favorite is sausage gravy but Chocolate runs pretty close 2nd. When the grands are at my house, EJ likes sausage gravy and Cain likes chocolate. Silas will eat whatever.
4. Do you have a plan? Do you need a plan? Have you ever had a plan fall into a trillion pieces? Explain.
I don't know if you would really call it a plan. I usually have a thought in the back of my head how I want to do things and what I need to do to accomplish it. I cannot really think of any one time that the plan has fallen apart. We all have plans that do not always get carried out or go the way we were hoping for.
5. November 19 is National Play Monopoly Day. Do you own the original or some version of the game? Do you enjoy playing Monopoly? How likely is it you'll play a game of Monopoly on November 19th? Ever been to Atlantic City? Ever taken a ride on a railroad? Is parking in your town free? Last thing you took a chance on?
I am a Monopoly fool, have not played in forever. I have an original - original from the 60's. I also have a Coca Cola Monopoly game, a Disney Monopoly game and the 50th Anniversary Game. I told you I was a fool! Probably will not play a game unless I play online. My games are at my house in Arkansas. I have never been to Atlantic City, I have rode on a RR but I was too little to remember it. Yes parking is free in our town. Can't think of anything right off for taking a chance on. I do make different things and take a chance that they will sell.
6. A song you like that has the word (or some form of the word) thanks in the title, lyrics, or meaning?
7. In keeping with this month's theme of gratitude....what is something you're taking for granted that when you stop and think about it, you're grateful for?
There are so many things we take for granted, a roof over our head, clean water to drink, the right to go to church and read our bibles. There are so many things and then things happen in the world and we realize it is not the same everywhere. We take so much for granted!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Just curious if anyone has ever heard of Norwex Home Products. I have a few items and oh my gosh I love them. My Daughter's Step mom, Gina, is an Independent Consultant. Their big thing is cleaning without chemicals. I love the dusting mitt. I used it today and the dust just clings to the mitt. I also have a big mirror in our living room, I hate cleaning that thing. It always streaks until today. Today I used the window or mirror cloth and a spray bottle of water. Oh my, it looks so good, even Stanley mentioned how shiny and good it looked. You can check out the items here. It is a little pricey, but they last forever and I love it you can pop them in the washer and dryer and be ready for the next time! And no more buying chemicals that just keep building up. Let me know what you think after you check it out. Since this is our Thankful post, I have one more random thought: I am so thankful that Jan's stepmom Gina and I are friends! Life is good! Thank you Jesus!
until next time...nel
Posted by Nel at 12:00 AM