1 week ago
Wednesday, October 21, 2015
1. October 21, 2015 is Back to the Future Day. Did you see the movie? The sequels? In the second film, Doc takes Marty into the future to prevent Marty's future son from making a mistake. They leave 1985 and land on a 'skyway' on October 21st, 2015. So tell us, what were you doing in the fall of 1985?
Wow...That is putting on the thinking cap from get go! My daughter was 3 years old in 1985. I was probably working on a costume for her. I usually made all of her costumes when she was small. Probably just enjoying every minute I could with her cause I also worked full time during the day.
2. If time travel were possible, would you want to go to the future? The past?
Future, not so much, I am happy with today! The only future I am looking forward too is Heaven, and I still have work to do here! The past yest I would like to go to the past, not to change anything but I would like the opportunity to ask more questions and actually listen to the answers. There is so much I would like to know about my ancestors.
3. We're not flying cars, but some of the technology imagined in the 80's film has indeed come to pass in real life 2015-flat screen TVs on the wall, tablets, fingerprint recognition, video conferencing, online banking, 3-D movies, motion controlled video games, drone cameras, and smart glasses (Google glass). Do you worry technology is growing at a rate so fast we'll soon be unable to keep up with it's demands? Do you think the Internet does more harm than good?
Technology is growing by leaps and bounds! It is quite scary if you really think about it...mind boggling! I think the Internet does whatever you use it for. It is a good tool for looking up information and for sharing your beliefs.
4. Your favorite dish prepared in a slow-cooker? Your favorite fast food?
I am going to say roast, only because that is what we had to night and oh my gosh it was soooo good! Favorite fast food, probably a good burger and fries or chicken sandwich and fries. Now if I still lived in Chicago, I would have to go with Vienna Hot Dog, Italian Beef or Polish Sausage and fries.
5. No time like the present, down time, face time, pressed for time, in the nick of time, make time, mark time, or just in time...which timely saying most relates to your life right now?
Make time. I have so many things going there are a few things I am going to have to just stop and make time to get them done.
6. Tell us about a place you went as a child or younger person that's no longer there or is now something else. How does that make you feel?
When I was young before I can remember till 2nd grade, I lived in Roselle, IL in a farm. I have such good memories from there. There was a big barn and an orchard behind the house and corn fields surrounding us. It is now a housing development, has been for years. But it hurts my heart every time
I think about it. I would of loved to seen it just one more time. Isn't it funny how things seemed so much bigger when you were a kid. It did have an upstairs and an attic.
7. Describe your comfort zone.
At home surrounded by family and friends, or at church with my church family.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Had a great time in Arkansas. Seen family and friends, there were about 40 people at Silas' birthday party. A fun time was had by all!
Getting pretty excited, this Saturday me and hubs are going to a Don Williams concert at Branson. His sweet brother purchased our tickets for our Anniversary. Don Williams was my hero when I was a teen and early 20's. I think I have every one of his albums. I always wanted to see him in concert. I guess I can mark that off my bucket list. :)
until next time...nel
Posted by Nel at 12:00 AM