Friday, June 21, 2013

Blessings in Disguise...

We are so blessed and sometimes do not even realize it.  If we would only be still and listen!
'Be still and know that I am God:'  Psalm 46:10a

Early this morning I awoke from a dead sleep, it startled me, my first impulse was to check Eden and make sure she was okay.  I then laid back down and tried to go back to sleep, it was about 5:45 a.m., but I just tossed and turned. I then felt the strong need to pray, so I started praying - 'Lord, I have no idea who I am praying for, but there is someone who is hurting right at this moment.  Please just wrap your arms around them and let them feel your presence and know that you are there, take their hurt and pain away.'  I continued to pray for awhile.  About 6:00 I turned back over shut my eyes and that was all I knew until I awoke again at 9:00.  I had no idea who I was praying for but felt assured it was for someone I knew.

Today I got a call from Shirley a friend from church who has some major health issues, she has had to miss church for 4 or 5 months now.  They found out she has diabetes, her gallbladder has been removed and she found out she has Post Polio Syndrome.  This last week she also found out part of the problem was colon.  Her husband needed to do some errands today so I went and sat with her for a few hours.  She was able to sit up most of the time but had to finally go to bed.  She is in a wheelchair and using a walker most of the time.  Her left leg is no longer working, she has to move it with her hands.  While I was there she told me she was really feeling rough this morning but finally got back to sleep around 6:00.  Then I proceeded to tell her about being woke up and we both got teary eyed.  

What a blessing!  Please remember Shirley in prayer.  Praying she gets things under control and gets her braces soon, and is able to once again come to church.  God is so good!  He hears and answers prayer! 
'Pray without ceasing.'    I Thessalonians 5:17

until next time...nel

No comments:

Post a Comment